Author Topic: A Spring or Summer trip to Washington DC  (Read 886 times)

Canadianzombie

A Spring or Summer trip to Washington DC
« on: April 19, 2012, 18:20:24 »
I'm working on taking a trip to DC this spring or summer and was wondering if we could get a crew to go. I'm thinking 4-5 days and grabbing what not on the way down and when we get there get the 75 virtuals in the area. We could also take a bunch of states off the list. I guess it'd just be shared expenses and if anyone has any special caches they'd like to get, we could do it. Just shoot me a message on my Geocaching.com profile and we can move on this.
Cheers
Mark (CZ)

junglehair

Re: A Spring or Summer trip to Washington DC
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:38 »
Geocaching is a great way to see Washington DC.  I have been there a couple of times.  Just be warned, there is no place to park around there - it's crazy.  Park once and plan to do lots of walking.

There seems to be virtuals at almost every monument, so geocaching is like your virtual tour guide of the area.  The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall is very sobering.  It just seems like an endless list of names.

I need to get back to Washington some time and NOT go geocaching.  I'd actually like to see things like the Smithsonian!  I hear there's an EarthCache there now ;).