Author Topic: Électronique 101  (Read 1531 times)

lostinthegarden

• Jr. Cacher
Électronique 101
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:45:49 »
There is an interesting and offbeat cache in Gatineau Park called Électronique 101, by Rhinograde et Gadelle (http://coord.info/GC3AV7N).  It has a 5/3 D/T rating, but it's really not that difficult.  It's a great hike, and there's no bushwhacking at all involved.  The high difficulty rating is mainly due to the fact that you have to bring a few electronic parts with you to the cache, and then wire up a little circuit in that will give you the redirect info encoded by flashing lights.  There are very clear instructions on how to do it on the cache page.  What you need to take with you is 3 AA batteries, 4 LEDs (light-emitting diodes), and some precut pieces of insulated hookup wire with stripped ends.

The batteries are no problem, but most folks don't have those latter two items laying around the house, so we've put together a couple of loaner kits containing the necessary LEDs and wire (you supply the batteries).  We'll bring the kits along to tomorrow's meet 'n eat, and other CCC events (if we still have the kits).  All we ask is that you return the kit to us once you're finished with it, and that you don't hold on to it too long.  You can also pass it on to someone else, provided you let us know who the recipient was.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Re: Électronique 101
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:22:30 »
We (Model12, Mr. Packrat and Sakidoo) found a kit containing these items earlier in the year in a Speleodude cache and used it when we found Electronique 101. Mr. Packrat then placed it in another cache for the next cacher to use. He would know which one....

There might be more of these kits loose in the area's caches, keep your eyes open for them!

An interesting cache and a nice hike in the Park, I recommend it.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

royfran

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 23:12:16 »
I agree, that was a fun cache to do.  I'll place my kit in one of my GAG17 caches for someone else to use.

GreyingJay

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:17:29 »
Why am I not hearing about this until just now?! This sounds awesome!