Author Topic: caches for adoption  (Read 2040 times)

obstacle-man

caches for adoption
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:58:09 »
Hello all,

I haven't been caching in a long while so I'd like to see if anyone will adopt the caches I currently have.

The ones available are:

GAG 13 - Odocoileus Virginianus Boudoir

GAG 13 - Peckerwood

GAG 13 - Cacher Set

GAG 13 - Corkstown Ridge

The Palace

Dinosaur Boombox

geobob7

• Jr. Cacher
  • GC3R69H
Re: caches for adoption
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:52:46 »
I don't get on the forums very often, and have just seen your post. I don't live too far from these caches and could adopt if you can arrange it. I see you have already archived some of them, but two are still open. I would adopt these, and also the archived ones if the containers are still in place and if it would not be too much trouble to unarchive the first three.

graciious

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 15:14:26 »
Sadly Geobob7, I believe the archiving button is permenant (someone will correct me if I am wrong) but no time like the present to hide a few caches of your own for people to find... New geocaches are better since they attract new geocachers.

If you need any help with containers or have a question about hiding something don't hesitate to drop a line on the forums to ask your questions, or send me a message privately.

I hope you grab the real estate while it's available!

GreyingJay

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 16:11:21 »
Sadly Geobob7, I believe the archiving button is permenant (someone will correct me if I am wrong)

It is not, strictly speaking, but the reviewers usually don't unarchive caches if too much time has passed. Better to create a new cache, in the same spot if you want, you could even name it as a tribute to the old (e.g. "Peckerwood II" or whatever).

That way even the ones who found the old caches can re-enjoy the new experience :D

geobob7

• Jr. Cacher
  • GC3R69H
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 11:24:23 »
Thanks for the input guys. I have seen several caches that have been archived then unarchived so I knew it was possible, and when a reviewer archives a cache because of no action from the CO they state it can be unarchived. That's always assuming, of course. that in the meantime no new cache has been created that comes within the minimum radius of the original.

Anyway, the caches in question had the containers removed when they were archived, so I have just adopted the two live caches and will see how that goes before attempting to create one from scratch. As for supplies, is there any place in town that carries useful items? I'd like to know where to get some of those nice painted camo lock&lock containers.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 11:45:39 »
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 13:01:22 »
I'd like to know where to get some of those nice painted camo lock&lock containers.

You can make them yourself. All you need to do is purchase the container (e.g. Walmart or Canadian Tire) and some spray paint. Be sure to get paint that will adhere to plastic. I use Krylon Fusion Ultra Flat Camouflage paint, in olive. After using that for the base coat, I then gave them a spritz or two with some beige spray paint that I happened to have, which gives a hint of camo pattern effect.

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 14:53:42 »
Caches can not be unarchived to be adopted (in the guidelines)

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 22:28:58 »
To not allow unarchiving simply for the purpose of adopting is a good thing IMHO. Otherwise, how would I be able to find new caches...?  ;) ;D
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss