Author Topic: ZAGG InvisibleShield?  (Read 2572 times)

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
ZAGG InvisibleShield?
« on: May 07, 2012, 23:41:31 »
Does anyone know where I could purchase one for a Oregon450 besides through the official ZAGG website?  The shipping charge  is MORE than the item itself! 

geonerding

Re: ZAGG InvisibleShield?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 00:36:48 »
Does anyone know where I could purchase one for a Oregon450 besides through the official ZAGG website?  The shipping charge  is MORE than the item itself! 

I saw a few booths in the malls that have the same concept as the ZAGG invisible shields but under a different name. It would be a good investment if I could find one for our primary GPS but for now we use a simple plastic protector you can pick up from any walmart or even saw some in the dollar store. I would even suggest looking on tigerdirect.ca.

graciious

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 05:17:46 »
IMO, Shipping is expensive, but the product is worth it.  If you combine shipping with other items it remains the same.  Maybe you and geonerding can order one each and share shipping? the more people the less the shipping cost individually.

good luck.

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 06:39:15 »
Thanks graciious!  In fact, I did use one of those mall booths (@ Bayshore) for a shield for my new iPhone late last year.  The employee didn't use the right one, so I was told, when it started to peel off but was still charged $5 to have it replaced, not matter how much I tried to reason with them. (How was I to know???) I've used the ZAGG brand on a different GPS unit and was very happy with it but don't recall paying that much for in total.

Now to email geonerding....If anyone else is interested in going for a group order, I'll wait a day or so, but want to get on it.  I procrastinate enough....

missbug

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 10:44:03 »

Redpoll

• Full Time Cacher
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 18:10:23 »
I'd be interested in purchasing one as a part of group order.  I've got one little knick on my 450 screen -- time to protect it....
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 21:31:37 »
is this any better than what you've found?
http://www.gpscity.ca/zagg-invisibleshield-garmin-oregon-series-screen-protector.html

Thanks Lisa, and yes it is.  Why didn't I think of gpscity.ca?  ???

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 21:32:50 »
I'd be interested in purchasing one as a part of group order.  I've got one little knick on my 450 screen -- time to protect it....

I will include you in the order but will give it a couple of days to see if anyone else is interested.  More the merrier...and less expensive!

graciious

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:00:21 »
A few things to remember:

• If you order from the Zagg site you will get "Zealot" points, when you reach a certain amount you get free shipping on replacements. However, the person who does the initial bulk order from Zagg will be the person that is registered to those products and will always have to order the replacements and pay the 5.00 shipping charge

• If you order from an external source (GPScity) the person registering the zagg product will get the aforementioned "Zealot" points and if you are simply registering the items yourself they will be "assigned" to you and replacements can be ordered by the registered owner.

This sometimes messes with peoples group orders.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:02:21 by graciious »

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 07:44:58 »
A few things to remember:

• If you order from the Zagg site you will get "Zealot" points, when you reach a certain amount you get free shipping on replacements. However, the person who does the initial bulk order from Zagg will be the person that is registered to those products and will always have to order the replacements and pay the 5.00 shipping charge

• If you order from an external source (GPScity) the person registering the zagg product will get the aforementioned "Zealot" points and if you are simply registering the items yourself they will be "assigned" to you and replacements can be ordered by the registered owner.

This sometimes messes with peoples group orders.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thanks for the info...I never think of these details until it's too late.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 21:27:34 by kirok »

marvin_gardens

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 11:51:05 »
FWIW, Zagg has their Memorial Day sale (Only until today (May 28)- I got the notice this morning)  Up to 50% off shields and other stuff.    I didn't go and see what shipping is, but that should help take the sting out.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:52:59 by marvin_gardens »