Author Topic: Magnifi-mint! GCGQGR  (Read 1531 times)

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Re: Magnifi-mint! GCGQGR
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 20:24:45 »
This was my eighth cache find ever! I found it, on a second attempt, on September 7th, 2003 with my son, and several times since then with visitors.

I'm sorry to say the cache is gone, but more importantly the cache hide is gone too! There seems to have been something of a landslip at the GZ and the little cave is either gone or totally buried. There was no sign of the cache at the GZ and no place to put a replacement cache either.

Sorry,

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

SigsPig

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:40:13 »
I received a PM from Helen (Landsharkz) about this cache. CO is now in Calgary & was hoping a local would adopt. I'll pass along the info which you would think the CO would see via notifications.

Redpoll

• Full Time Cacher
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 12:38:13 »
Too bad as I got the impression that it was a popular hide, particularly for visitors to the capital.  I managed to make the find but was a little leary when I noticed the "unblinking eye" providing survelliance of the near-by facilities.  I had the impression that GZ was in its line of sight.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 15:46:19 »
It was the only Ottawa hide preloaded in the eXploristGC.

Lemmy Caution

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:38:33 »
Being a collector and frequent visitor to the mint, I wouldn't mind taking this one over. However, the security in the area makes the location a bit sensitive and from what I remember of the site, the cliff is unstable and doesn't have many hiding places for a small cache and the other side of the service road has a cliff too.  Not too hopeful for a good, safe alternate hiding place but I'll have a look next time there.