Author Topic: Penny Lane NTF Prize  (Read 2966 times)

Lemmy Caution

Penny Lane NTF Prize
« on: July 11, 2012, 14:00:58 »
Wow, I just realized I've been a bad geocache owner.  I stated in the description for Penny Lane that I would occasionally add a 'Next-To-Find' prize and haven't to date.  Well, time to remedy that.  Aug.1 at 7:00AM, a prize will be added to the Penny Lane cache for the next finder to claim.  I'm giving you some lead time so people who haven't solved the puzzle yet have some time to do so.  Of course previous finders qualify to find this prize as well.  It will be a coin of some sort and clearly labelled as the NTF prize.

PS: why 7:00AM? City bylaw.

Cheers,
Lemmy

Lemmy Caution

Re: Penny Lane NTF Prize
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 05:57:24 »
NTF Prize #1 deployed!  Go and get it.  Please log your find if you claim it.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:17:06 by Lemmy Caution »

Lemmy Caution

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 20:36:00 »
The first NTF prized was claimed by MadameBibitte on Nov.11/12

Stay tuned for the next NTF prized.

MadameBibitte

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 22:18:03 »
And a very nice prize it was!  Thanks again.   :)

Sakidoo

• Global Moderator
  • Full Time Cacher
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 21:09:05 »
You know, I like the idea of adding a prize later in the cache's life.   Too often, it's the same people who get the first to find and the newbies rarely get the FTF prizes.   May a NTF is the right idea.  I like it.

Lemmy Caution

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 12:17:11 »
In the CBC news today they report that on Feb.4, 2013 the mint will cease distributing the penny.  There is an interactive quiz you can take (which may or may not help you with Penny Lane (http://coord.info/GC259N6)): 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/penny-quiz/

To commemorate the release of the last Canadian penny, I will release the second Penny Lane NTF prize on that day (at 7AM as before).

The cache is not exactly winter friendly but I will make sure it can be retrieved on that day.  Also, if you attempt to retrieve it, please note that the cache is located close to a house and not far from a well-traveled path.  Stealth is definitely required this time of year.  No geomobs or night visits please.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:34:23 by Lemmy Caution »

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 13:02:49 »
I like the NTF idea.

May use that on some of my larger caches.

Lemmy Caution

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:33:18 »
NTF Prize #2 has been deployed.  It's a 2002 commemorative 50-cent piece.  Everyone who has solved the puzzle is welcome to come claim it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:48:33 by Lemmy Caution »

Lemmy Caution

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:29:29 »
Here is another interesting article that may or may not help you with the puzzle  ;) ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/01/31/f-penny-obit.html

Tweetiepy

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 22:21:16 »
I'm still working on solving the Penny Lane puzzle, I'm heading off to the Currency museum this week to find the solution to my two remaining questions.  Can't find the solution online and I'm getting different answers depending on where I look.

By the time I find the cache there will be nothing left in it... but I will have found the cache - that it itself, is my prize.!

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 23:22:28 »

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

Lemmy Caution

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 12:58:21 »
I recently added a couple links to the hints.  These should help you with a couple of the harder questions.