Author Topic: Le p'tit train du nord - accommodations  (Read 1256 times)

penguins lament

Le p'tit train du nord - accommodations
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:15:05 »
For all of you who have done the "Le p'tit train du nord" series (or even if you haven't), can anyone recommend reasonably priced accommodations located near the middle of the series?

Thanks.

Weathervane

Re: Le p'tit train du nord - accommodations
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 13:22:40 »
We stayed at the Auberge Villa Bellerive in Lac Nominingue, about 50 km from Mont-Laurier.  The reviews are quite accurate in that the Inn is somewhat dated but the room was clean and certainly met our needs. It is located right next to the trail and the lake.  The rate was reasonable, I believe under $100.00.  We also stayed in a B&B (can't remember name) in the Mont-Tremblant area and at the Comfort Inn in St-Jerome, around $120. The first night, we stayed at a Motel in Mont-Laurier and left our car there. I returned to Mont-Laurier by bus to pick up the car. In so far as the caches, we found them more difficult to find closer to Mont-Laurier and easier as we continued down the trail.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 14:40:06 »
Sorry, can't help you.
I went with a geoMob roadtrip and we rented a condo in Tremblant, a very nice place. We got a deal on the rental because I know the owner, but what made it 'reasonable' was splitting the cost about ten ways.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

The red-haired witch

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:44:20 »
I suggest trying the free service offered  here : http://www.laurentians.com/parclineaire/1413_an.html

They can tell you about all the accomodations available, with or without a package, and they can tell you what inns/hotels/motels have rooms available on what dates, so you don't have to do all those phone calls.

As for exact recommendations, it really depends what kind of trip you are looking for. 

I took the 4 days/3 nights "route des Belges" package last fall and it was great.  And I consider the price quite reasonable for lodging, dinners and breakfasts. 

The first inn in Nominingue (chez Ignace) was particularly good, and the owner is a good chef too.