Author Topic: How do I submit a coordinate check?  (Read 1296 times)

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
How do I submit a coordinate check?
« on: August 09, 2012, 08:17:13 »
I'm using the new cache submission page and the only way to submit a cache listing for review is to check off the "Yes, the cache is in place and ready to be found" checkbox.

How do I submit a coordinate check without enabling that checkbox? 

Just enable the listing with a note to the reviewer indicating I am checking if the location is free?

graciious

Re: How do I submit a coordinate check?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24:16 »
In previous attempts I have enabled and written a note to the reviewer saying the container was not in place, but ready to go.  They have approved the coordinates and then I go place the container, follow it up with an email directly to the reviewer with the cache GC code and let them know the cache is ready to go.. then wait it out.  It takes a bit longer to get processed like this sometimes but it usually works.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:32:31 »
Thanks.

I've just done that.  Now the waiting :)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:48:32 »
This is the standard procedure, see http://canadascapitalcachers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=14.0

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 14:38:45 »
In previous attempts I have enabled and written a note to the reviewer saying the container was not in place, but ready to go.  They have approved the coordinates and then I go place the container, follow it up with an email directly to the reviewer with the cache GC code and let them know the cache is ready to go.. then wait it out.  It takes a bit longer to get processed like this sometimes but it usually works.

Submit the cache with a note to the reviewer what you are looking for, proximity check, feedback, future publication and a reviewer will work with you.  In this senerio, the reviewers will typically disable the cache and tell you to enable when it is ready to continue the process.  Once cache is in place and ready enable with a note ready to publish.  No need to email the reviewers.

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)