Author Topic: Binthair Roadtrip: Mossback and Deliverance  (Read 17423 times)

yukonshawn

Re: Binthair Roadtrip: Mossback and Deliverance
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2012, 21:08:06 »
I'm perfectly fine with meeting at WP1 for 2:00 pm this Saturday.
This means I can sleep in, which is awesome.

Is everyone else good with 2:00 pm?
I personally plan to be in the area a little earlier to grab a few other nearby caches.

Ron, will you be able to make it there for 2:00?
The more people the merrier.

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2012, 22:42:27 »
We'll be at Camp IAWAH for our annual church retreat. I suppose I could sneak away, but that's generally considered bad form. :)

I suspect the AFC will have to wait yet another year for me.

Aleutian Islanders

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2012, 08:54:52 »
I've been holding off posting, as on previous attempts at making this trip the weather forecast seemed to be changing on a daily basis, but this time it has been consistently OK, so hopefully it will be third time lucky.

I figure on a little over 1.5 hours to drive up, so I am planning to arrive at waypoint 1 at 2:00pm, but will be setting off at 10:00am to give us a couple of hours to grab some geocaches and lunch on the way up.

I have two passengers so far and room for three more and am near Richmond Road/417 if any one else wants a ride, we will be sharing fuel costs.

penguins42

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2012, 14:42:01 »
My online logs don't reflect it, but I now only have Four Tall Ones to find.  So I'm ready to go!  (I intend to post my logs before the outing.)

Saturday at 2pm at WP1 works fine for me.  The forecast, while not spectacular, has improved over the last couple of days.  In particular it looks like the rain has shifted to Saturday night and Sunday.

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2012, 11:23:14 »
The 2 of us are in!
We have 2 extra spots available in our car for anybody interested in leaving from Kanata North.

Just wondering: is anybody interested in trying GC2DRV1 (What Lies within' 2) beforehand?
It is a 4.5/5 cave cache. Weather should be good to try it (i.e. no rain forecasted). If you want to come, please make sure to read the description+logs beforehand.

Let us know if you want to go with us meeting at the trailhead at, let's say, 11AM. We reserve the right to change our mind if nobody responds.

We will be checking the forum until 10PM this evening.

See you all tomorrow.

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2012, 12:39:03 »
Tomorrow's forecast for Westport:
  • from Environment Canada: Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness early in the evening then 60 percent chance of showers late in the evening. High 12.
  • The weathernetwork (summarized) shows mainly sunny in the morning, then variably cloudiness up to about 5 p.m. with rain likely by 7 p.m. High 11.

So, it's a go! Yahoo!

In light of the fact that the better part of the day is going to be earlier than later, I'm going to offer the following suggestion. I think my meeting might be done by 11:00. Will every car going there have at least one phone in it? If so, I could call one of you at 11:00 to say if I'm done or not, that person calls someone else, and so on, the end result being that we could meet at 1:00 (or 1:30) instead of 2:00. If there's at least one car that doesn't have a phone in it, then this can't work.

I realize this is complicated and interferes with cd.cuts proposal in the previous post, so I'm perfectly fine with anyone saying that it's easier to just meet at 2:00. I just feel it's better to make the proposal and have it fail than finding tomorrow that I wished I had done it but didn't.

penguins42

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2012, 19:07:05 »
I'm up for doing the cave cache!  Meeting at 11 at the trailhead sounds good to me.  (I could be there by 10:30 instead if others are interested in Xira's suggestion.)

I'll be travelling alone, but do have a phone and have given Xira my number.  Assuming the cave cache goes well I'd be open to starting a little earlier if it works for everyone.

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2012, 20:12:55 »
We have confirmed with penguins42 that we will meet at the trailhead of the cave cache at 11AM.
So far it will be her and us, but anybody else is more than welcome to join us.

We will plan on arriving at the DELIVERANCE trailhead at 2PM unless we receive a phone call telling us otherwise. However, we expect cell phone reception to be poor at best in this area.

See you all tomorrow.

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2012, 20:58:34 »
The point about dubious phone service is a good one. Consider the idea scrapped. We'll meet at 2:00.

I'm looking forward to this!