Author Topic: Anyone return to a cache to move a TB or geocoin they previously dropped off?  (Read 1639 times)

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
When I place a TB or a geocoin in a physical cache, I usually put it on my watchlist to make sure that it gets picked up and moves along.

Of the 17 TBs I have dropped off so far this summer, there are two that have not moved at all - one has been sitting for 2 months and the other 3 months. 

There have been no "discover" logs for either of them.
Assuming they are still in the respective caches, if they don't get picked up before winter, I plan on going back to the caches to retrieve them and move them to one of the TB hotels or to caches with higher traffic.

Anyone else do this?

graciious

I have done that, I hate being the last person responsible for handling a coin or TB, so I will keep an eye on where I placed the coins or TB's and make arrangements for them to get picked up and moved elsewhere, either by me or someone else.  If you drop me a message with the caches, maybe I can make a trip out and grab them.  I like helping coins move along.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
It's good to see cachers looking after people's travelers so diligently.
I try to place trackables into caches that will get some traffic, not insane puzzles in remote areas, but once I've moved it along it's gone from my consciousness and I usually don't think of them again.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

PA

I try to place trackables into caches that will get some traffic, not insane puzzles in remote areas, but once I've moved it along it's gone from my consciousness and I usually don't think of them again.

Blue -

We do the same.  We take a few caching trips every year and bring many with us.  We try to bring them to places that help with their goals and place them in caches that will get visitors.  But we move so many that it would be impossible to put them on our watchlist. 

F0restGrump

I used to keep track of all the trackables I found until they were moved along and then this practice simply became too onerous.

Now, as bluelamb, I try to drop them into well hit caches...and not ones to close to urban areas prone to muggling. Basically, I hand them over to the geocaching gods and let fate decide their destinies.