Author Topic: GAG18 - Go and Get ' Em ATE TEEN - October 20th 2012  (Read 20505 times)

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
Re: GAG18 - Go and Get ' Em ATE TEEN - October 20th 2012
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 08:00:51 »
Regular guidelines apply for GAG caches, http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

There is a chance that you will bump into another GAG cache, so suggest you submit yours early to fix any issues pointed out. 

I hear CacheViewer is handling GAG caches again.

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 12:12:58 »
I'd say a 30 KM radius from downtown is about the edge of how far people will go during GAG.
I should have phrased my question better, but that's the info I was asking about.

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 12:59:12 »
Putting GAG caches in outlying areas, say, near clusters of new caches, only encourages those die-hards who want to find every GAG cache to take a roadtrip...  ;D
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 14:58:30 »
Putting GAG caches in outlying areas, say, near clusters of new caches, only encourages those die-hards who want to find every GAG cache to take a roadtrip...  ;D

Hmm... I wonder what that's supposed to mean...

Frogging101

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 13:25:04 »
Note to all participants;

Please keep in mind - NO BODY PARTS - we don't need any negative public reaction considering events of the past months...

Save the shenanigans for the GAG event on the Saturday...

Just curious... What events of past months?

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 18:05:42 »

Please keep in mind - NO BODY PARTS - we don't need any negative public reaction considering events of the past months...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/08/18/toronto-mississauga-search-police-river.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/08/21/toronto-boyd-parts.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/05/30/ottawa-body-parts-investigation-dead-or-alive.html

Ring a bell?

Frogging101

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 21:03:25 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/08/18/toronto-mississauga-search-police-river.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/08/21/toronto-boyd-parts.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/05/30/ottawa-body-parts-investigation-dead-or-alive.html

Ring a bell?

Thanks, I actually hadn't seen those.

Team Phyrusse

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 09:48:20 »
 ;D  WOOT!!!  GAG18!!!!!  ;D

Looking forward to some great caches.  Hopefully we will meet a few peeps on the trails and at the GZ's as we wont be able to make the event due to conflicting activities ( >:(  :'( darn friggin endless hockey season ... lol ... jk ... but seriously, what are the odds that there'd be a game during the GAG event ... pretty good actually since they're on the ice 4-5 times a week ...never mind ... should have used my inside voice ... ).

Thanks to the organizers, the cache owners and all the helpers.  Always a fun time.

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 13:03:08 »
I was talking to a fellow cacher here at work about how sometimes there are problems with caches during GAG (and we discussed this at the workshop as well).  He suggested that we open a twitter account to tweet out if there are any problems.  While I am a techie I am not a 'twit'-terer.  He also mentioned something about using hash tags but again, not in my area of understanding.  Maybe someone out there can think about this and put in place if it is an easy/appropriate thing to do.  Many people have smart phones/tablets these days and this could get a message out to the caching community fairly quickly if needed.

Just a thought.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 13:31:45 »
The hashtag part would simply be something like #GAG18

It would be up to the organizers or CCC leadership if they wanted to create a twitter account.
I checked and canadascapitalcachers is not used on Twitter.

EDIT: Actually there wouldn't even need to be a CCC Twitter account. 
People could simply tweet issues and use the hashtag and anyone on Twitter could simply do a hashtag search.
If there was a CCC Twitter account, somone would need to monitor it and retweet any issues in order for followers to see them without using a hastag search.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 13:38:25 by BlackRose67 »

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 13:53:59 »
CV is not much a twitter, but will have her cell with her and you can email CV, she might see it at some point.  In the worse cases, hit NA explain the reason and a reviewer will see it and deal with it. 

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 14:12:42 »
I like the #GAG18 idea. Good thinking! Maybe we should advertise it over the next few days.

I always get a feeling like a kid before Christmas when GAG caches are waiting to be published. I never get tired of it.

GreyingJay

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 14:23:18 »
Good idea! I'll use the #GAG18 hashtag if I feel the need to tweet anything.

You can follow me @greyingjay if you like. :)

Starkiller

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 14:31:18 »
...And anyone who feels especially comfortable with Twitter could perhaps write some foolproof instructions to follow/provide GAG18 updates?

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 14:46:22 »
...And anyone who feels especially comfortable with Twitter could perhaps write some foolproof instructions to follow/provide GAG18 updates?

Well, if you build something foolproof, they usually build a better fool, but it's pretty simple.

1) Any tweet that you make that is GAG18 related should include #GAG18
2) To see all GAG18 tweets, search in your twitter tool for #GAG18

The generic web Twitter has a search box at the top right.
My Blackberry Twitter client let me do a search and save it, so I just need to select Search and then my #GAG18 search.

I have tweeted the first #GAG18 message, so you can try it out beforehand.