Author Topic: GAG18 - Go and Get ' Em ATE TEEN - October 20th 2012  (Read 22021 times)

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
Re: GAG18 - Go and Get ' Em ATE TEEN - October 20th 2012
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:26 »
It is static. Wait for now... I'm sure there are more to come.
Just checked the one I had created earlier from a bookmark list by pressing the "preview in geocaching maps" image/link and it did pick up the new entries that were added to the bookmark list since the PQ was created (but not run).

I stand corrected. Sorry for the misinformation.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2012, 08:01:23 »
It is static. Wait for now... I'm sure there are more to come.
Just checked the one I had created earlier from a bookmark list by pressing the "preview in geocaching maps" image/link and it did pick up the new entries that were added to the bookmark list since the PQ was created (but not run).

I stand corrected. Sorry for the misinformation.
No worries.  Maybe it's something Groundpspeak recently changed the functionality of.

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2012, 08:45:31 »
There maybe a few more caches as they go back and forth with the reviewer.  CV tells me she hopes all will be out by evening.

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 08:54:03 »
...  CV tells me she hopes all will be out by evening.

I finally understand your forum signature quote. Funny!

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2012, 15:29:49 »
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2012, 15:43:42 »
GAG 18: UNCONVENTIONAL

http://coord.info/GC3Y2XK

Has been disabled, and the CO requests that no one search for it during the GAG18 weekend. See the cachepage for further updates.
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2012, 16:07:34 »
Since some people will be building PQs from one of the GAG18 bookmark lists, perhaps the respective bookmark keepers could remove this one (http://coord.info/GC3Y2XK) from their lists.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 16:09:40 by BlackRose67 »

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2012, 18:12:48 »
Since some people will be building PQs from one of the GAG18 bookmark lists, perhaps the respective bookmark keepers could remove this one (http://coord.info/GC3Y2XK) from their lists.

Good idea. Done.

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2012, 22:35:14 »

Good idea. Done.

Also done, and Sakidoo did as well so all lists should be good.

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2012, 07:48:39 »
CV confirmed all caches at this time are published, anything after this point is too late. 

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2012, 19:47:51 »
Big thanks to the GAG organizers!!!  Great event as always!   ;D ;D ;D

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2012, 21:22:22 »
Found a small sample of caches over the 24hrs.  Did sleep. Had a chuckle when I realized at lunch it was the same restaurant as GAG10 just new name/owner/ethnic food.

The caches I found I enjoyed. Great creativity, and saw new way of doing things.  Some caches, I am sure I did far more walking on then I needed.  Really enjoyed the fact I walked more then I rode in the car, though enjoyed a drive by or 2 as well.  As usual a few lessons learned along the way, as with any GAG.  Can't wait for the next one.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2012, 23:36:11 »
This weekend was my first GAG event weekend and I had a great time.

If someone told me last year that I'd be out in the woods at 1:00 AM looking for a container with some paper to sign, I would have told them they were crazy.

I had some firsts: my first FTF on a cache close to where I live, and I got my first real taste of night caching and really enjoyed it (even after getting a soaker).
Night caching really gives a different perspective, but the caches we found on Friday night/Saturday morning would not have been any easier in the daylight.
I think the only advantage would have been being able to see what made the noise behind us in the bushes.

I got to do some solo caching, some planned caching with another cacher, and some impromptu group caching.

Best of all, I got to put some more faces to the names I see in the logs, met some new (to me) cachers, and spent some time with folks I was already acquainted with.

Congrats to the organizers for a great event. Looking forward to the next one.

All in all, a great weekend. 

junglehair

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:34 »
I had a great time too.  Lots of fun and creative caches.  Sorry to those that tried for our new ones only to see that someone had logged them prior to the 6:00 p.m. start.  I did email that cacher to offer some friendly advice on caching etiquette.  I am enjoying reading the logs as they flood in.  Thanks to all the organizers and cache hiders/finders for making this another exciting GAG event.

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2012, 17:27:39 »
Realized one of the things I enjoy about GAG is the 24 hrs of it.  A blend of day caching and night caching and this crop of caches had some good use of items for caching at night, though I am happy I did stumbling around during the day vrs at night.  Also the mixture of different cache types, terrain and difficulty.  The CCC is definitely not an area that lacks variety.