Author Topic: Login issues with c:geo  (Read 1445 times)

MadameBibitte

Login issues with c:geo
« on: November 02, 2012, 08:58:01 »
Has anybody else had trouble logging in their account from c:geo recently?  I'm using it on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean (4.1.2), and for the past couple of months I have been unable to log into my account unless I'm using wi-fi, which is useless unless I happen to be searching for a cache in my living room.  I can still look at stored caches, but I can't post logs in the field or search for new ones on the spur of the moment.  I didn't have time to do much caching earlier this fall so it wasn't a big deal, but now I'm getting antsy and not looking forward to having to shell out $10 for the Groundspeak app if I can't get c:geo working again  >:(

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Re: Login issues with c:geo
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:08:12 »
In general, since c:geo is not an oficially approved app, every time Groundspeak makes a site change, something usually breaks in c:geo.

If you are looking to buy an app for your Android phone, I'd recommend either CacheSense or Neongeo.

They are half the cost of the official Groundspeak app and have far more features than the official app.

Shoven

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:13:21 »
I have a Samsung Galazy II as well and using c:geo.  I have noticed lately that some of the caches are missing when I pull up the nearest caches.  I know they are missing because i've downloaded them to my Garmin GC.  I use my phone mostly for the map and to log the caches as i find them.

There have been issues in the past but they usually get them sorted out.

JoMari

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 15:14:31 »
I've been using c:geo for quite some time. The only time I've had issues is when GC.com makes changes. If your not using the most recent update you may have issues.
More recently I have been using Cachesence and do quite like it for most things. It isn't the most user friendly, but does very well once you know how to use it.