Author Topic: Has anyone cached in San Diego CA?  (Read 1109 times)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Has anyone cached in San Diego CA?
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:51:13 »
It's official, I'll be attending the ECCU (Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update) 2010 conference in San Diego next December. Scarlett03 and I will be going down a few days early to do some 'tourist' stuff, and the evenings are mine of course, so I was wondering if there was any words of advice to glean from the CCC community about caching in San Diego?

Are there any 'must do' caches? Good areas to focus on? Places to stay away from?

I'm also considering a day trip to Yuma, Arizona and stopping at http://coord.info/GC16R8W "The Dune Sea of Tatooine" EarthCache.

If you have a detailed briefing available I can purchase a libation or two at your favourite watering hole while you hold forth....

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: Has anyone cached in San Diego CA?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 11:18:00 »
Both myself and cavecats have cached in SD recently.  I can't think of any "must do" caches at the moment, but the caches in the Torey Pines parks had great views of the ocean and were nice walks.  Of course, there is also the zoo, which was a must-do for my wife.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:23:53 by kirok »

missbug

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 15:04:11 »
yes  ;D

this one is in jason mraz's neighbourhood - http://coord.info/GC1QWBR

har har

scubadiver

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 15:28:19 »
I'm pretty sure that rossmtbiker has done some caching in San Diego... In addition to the PodCacher duo, Sonny & Sandy...