Author Topic: Saturday, February 9 - Gung Hei Fat Choy 2013!  (Read 2500 times)

GreyingJay

Saturday, February 9 - Gung Hei Fat Choy 2013!
« on: January 03, 2013, 12:17:53 »
Well, folks, it's that time of year again! ;D

Chinese New Year is Sunday, February 10, and in 2013 we are ushering in the Year of the Snake. To celebrate, Nikon Guy and I invite you to join us for our annual buffet feast!

http://coord.info/GC43Q12

Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
Time: 12:00pm
Location: Emerald Buffet (formerly Du Barry), 33 Selkirk Ave in Vanier

For the past few years, a condition of our large group reservation with the restaurant was payment in one lump sum, and the way we did it was by asking you for cash payment up front of $15, $10 or $5 for adults, older kids and younger kids, respectively. It kept things simple for everyone, avoided a line-up for debit/credit machines, and allowed everyone to relax and focus on meeting and eating. The restaurant in turn offered us free pop and tea (normally a $2+ upcharge). The dollar figures were chosen to be nice round numbers and some were even rounded down, meaning we actually planned to kick in a bit to cover costs, but between donations and CCC raffle ticket sales, we always came up with a small surplus to give to the CCC event coffers.

This year the manager (who recognizes me!) didn't ask for one lump sum or even a deposit for the reservation, but if it's OK with everyone, we will continue with that system anyway. However, I need to double check the exact figures as I think meal prices may have changed slightly.

I ate at the restaurant (by myself  :'( ) last week when I dropped by to make the reservation. The selection of food has changed slightly (fewer dumpling choices, more deep-fried stuff) but I still think it is one of the best Chinese buffets in the city.

Hope you will plan to join us!

GreyingJay

Re: Saturday, February 9 - Gung Hei Fat Choy 2013!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:22:18 »
I've booked tentatively for 60 people and they plan to give us one of the VIP areas, as before. I will update the reservation with more exact numbers as the date approaches so please, in your Will Attend logs, let me know how many in your party. We'll also use the Will Attends as a checklist to chasecollect payment for lunch.  :D

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:43:36 »
This will be my first time attending this event.

I like the idea of paying the flat fee myself. 

GreyingJay

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 02:02:57 »
I'm pleased to announce that Landsharkz will be donating gift certificates for raffle prizes!  ;D  :D

I have also got a few other items for prizes including one geocoin, one set of TB tags, and a few gift cards!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 23:25:04 by GreyingJay »

GreyingJay

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 23:21:53 »
I'm pleased to announce that GPScity.ca has sent us a number of prizes for the draw!

We will give everybody a door prize ticket when you arrive for the event and drop off your payment for lunch. We'll probably run the Cacher Bingo game again (people seem to enjoy it, and it gives everyone an excuse to mingle!) for an opportunity to get an extra ticket.

Gift cards/certificates, trackables, cache containers, T-shirts, Geocaching.com swag -- it's shaping up to be a prosperous new  year's event indeed!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 23:24:12 by GreyingJay »

GreyingJay

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:29:00 »
To keep the math simple, we will repeat the pricing from last year's event:

Adults (13 and up): $15.00 per person
Children (5 to 12 years old): $10.00 per person
Children (2 to 4 years old): $5.00 per person

These prices include taxes, gratuity, and complimentary soft drinks and tea (a bonus from the management).

If you wish to purchase beer, wine, etc. then I would ask that you settle your drink bill separately at the bar.

See you all on Saturday!