Author Topic: Microsoft Surface RT  (Read 1500 times)

Vasymon

• Baby Cacher
Microsoft Surface RT
« on: January 10, 2013, 22:15:54 »
Just thought I'd share that I bough the Microsoft Surface RT Tablet to download caches while on trips.  The fact that it had a USB is what attracted me.  I love it I use the GCExplorer App to download caches. I still have to explore options on GCExplorer. The programmer of the apps Vulvulune has been very helpful and the latest update works great on my tablet. 

GreyingJay

Re: Microsoft Surface RT
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:55:16 »
I was in Toronto during Christmas break and I took a morning to visit the Yorkdale mall. (There is a very difficult nano in the link bridge between the mall and the TTC station, 4.5/1.5, I was not able to find it with all the muggles...) I found it amusing that they have an Apple Store and a Microsoft store virtually side by side. Anyway, I popped in to check out the Surface tablet. Since I've owned 2 iPads, an iPhone, and a variety of iPods, I fully expected to be unimpressed by Windows 8 and Surface.

Well, I was wrong. I really, really, really like it. Way more intuitive to me than Android tablets, and I love the idea of built in USB support, a desktop mode, built in Office apps, and so on. There were some quirks, but my next tablet might just be Windows RT.

I wonder if GSAK will be updated to run on RT?

Vasymon

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 14:16:03 »
I was wondering the same thing about Gsak! I might enquire! I never had an Ipad, therefore I cannot compare, but I really enjoy the Surface RT.

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 23:25:06 »
I was in Toronto during Christmas break and I took a morning to visit the Yorkdale mall. (There is a very difficult nano in the link bridge between the mall and the TTC station, 4.5/1.5, I was not able to find it with all the muggles...)

I've spent/wasted so much time seeking that one.  I wonder if it's really there.

bbrimacombe

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 00:16:09 »
It was there at some point.  Seven days (on October 19, 2007) before I signed up for a geocaching account, Juicepig and I were Yorkdale and he found it as we made our way to the subway.  If only I had known then how difficult it was to find ...