Author Topic: Just hit 300!  (Read 2785 times)

GopherGreg

Just hit 300!
« on: January 19, 2013, 18:00:36 »
Today I was out caching with PhunnyPhil1, geocash4fun, and KanataCatCachers, in hopes to get my 300th find. We started out by finding one of the more recent SquirrelOfWar caches, (GANGAM STYLE 2), then found GAG9 - Quick prey, and decided to go for a tougher one for my 300th.
MY THREE-HUNDREDTH CACHE WAS GC34NNM, BARKY BY BUDDYSALLY.

I thought the cache would take a while to fiind but PhuunyPhil found it in under a minute.
Just thought I'd let people know that.

GopherGreg

RDLtrekker

• Full Time Cacher
  • Just one more....!
Re: Just hit 300!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 20:47:32 »
woot woot!! congrats ;D
Just one more... :) !

geocash4fun

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 08:14:35 »
I was about to congratulate you....but whAAT EVER

HAPPY #))

GreyingJay

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 20:13:10 »
Congratulations! Sounds like you had a fun day!

yukonshawn

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 20:20:13 »
Congrats on 300.

I'd say you are about ready to start the Binthair challenge.

GopherGreg

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 17:06:56 »
Congrats on 300.

I'd say you are about ready to start the Binthair challenge.

I started reading about that when I was at 250 finds--It gave me massive headaches. Almost as big as the headaches I got when I was looking at HulaHup... by cron. There are a few binthairs I've been close to solving, but I'll stick with some normal puzzle caches for a while, and look for those later. I'll start solving them soon though!  ;)

Thanks everybody!

G-

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:46 »
Don't sweat the binthair caches. Except for the crypto-caches they are mostly straightforward multicaches and tutorial puzzles which shouldn't be a problem for a bright kid like you, but notice that "Hulahup..." by cron http://coord.info/GC2VQH9 has been found only once, in November 2011.

There may be better ways to spend your time.....

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

GopherGreg

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 17:35:48 »
Don't sweat the binthair caches. Except for the crypto-caches they are mostly straightforward multicaches and tutorial puzzles which shouldn't be a problem for a bright kid like you, but notice that "Hulahup..." by cron http://coord.info/GC2VQH9 has been found only once, in November 2011.

There may be better ways to spend your time.....

Blue -

I actually have the smallest bit of info on Hulahup, about the letters and the colours, and why they're relative to the grid... But apart from that, nothing... Actually, the thing I noticed the most about Hulahup is its placed on my birthday...But how is that going to help me?!

And when I'm bored, sometimes cryptography kills time. Plus, I have some family members who love cryptorgaphy, and have helped me with some cryptography puzzles.

Thanks,

GopherGreg

SigsPig

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 21:38:23 »
Congratulations on #300. Imagine your #'s once you have a car?!!
As Lib mentioned, don't stress the Binthair challenge unless your chomping at the bit. Your greatest allies other than other cachers could very well be your Math & Science teachers  ;)

GopherGreg

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 16:07:24 »
Congratulations on #300. Imagine your #'s once you have a car?!!
As Lib mentioned, don't stress the Binthair challenge unless your chomping at the bit. Your greatest allies other than other cachers could very well be your Math & Science teachers  ;)

Yeah. I've showed the puzzle Hulahup... bluelamb mentioned to my uncle and his friends (engineers) and they couldn't find anything. One of them showed it to his daughter, who's in her last year of college, and is top of the class in math. She loves puzzles. After a week she gave up.

And I'll find alot more when I have a car... Wait...When I have a car I like;y (hopefully) have a job... Ah well, on weekends!

Thanks,

Greg

GreyingJay

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 10:41:12 »
And I'll find alot more when I have a car... Wait...When I have a car I like;y (hopefully) have a job... Ah well, on weekends!

You'll be able to join the geomob! Of course by then Lib and Steve will be old geezers... ;)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 11:33:39 »
We're old geezers NOW, aren't we?

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

GopherGreg

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 16:31:41 »
We're old geezers NOW, aren't we?

Blue -

You know who's old? Evan... That's a joke from school... No one's old. Yet.