Author Topic: Need help with GSAK  (Read 1863 times)

qtman

Need help with GSAK
« on: February 01, 2013, 18:41:40 »

Problem running GSAK.

Gsak was running before I dowloaded one of thier pathches now I get
a message error "Program stopped working" after 30 seconds and shuts down.

I have followed the following instruction from GSAK.net

2) Remove all instances of GSAK on your work machine using Windows Add/Remove programs.
 3) Delete the GSAK folders from Program Files (x86), if they still exist, and the application data folders in C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\gsak.
 4) Install GSAK to a new folder (i.e. if you previously used \GSAK and \GSAK8, try using \GSAKn or some other new name not previously used for the  installation path).

To no avail, Does anybody have any suggestion.

I have Windows 7 with AVG security (tried with AVG shutdown still same problem) and plenty of room on my system

Bob (qtman)

Sakidoo

• Global Moderator
  • Full Time Cacher
Re: Need help with GSAK
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 10:12:35 »
My GSAK api for updating the status no longer works - humm..  I've updated my PC several months ago and hadn't used since.   Might it be related to the update?    I also recently changed my password in Geocaching.com.    I've reset it to the old one but no joy.  Any idea?

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 11:28:12 »
Your PC update shouldn't matter.  I'm running GSAK 8.4.1.77 under Windows 8.1 with no issues.

What version of GSAK are you running?

I used the Status API successfully within the last two weeks.

Sakidoo

• Global Moderator
  • Full Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 12:05:22 »
Your PC update shouldn't matter.  I'm running GSAK 8.4.1.77 under Windows 8.1 with no issues.

ah ha!   I'm running 8.4.0.0. When I checked GSAK, I can only find 8.4.0.0.   I'll try to find 8.4.1.77.   I'm looking I GSAK Help, my usual source.

Sakidoo

• Global Moderator
  • Full Time Cacher
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 12:23:20 »

ah ha!   I'm running 8.4.0.0. When I checked GSAK, I can only find 8.4.0.0.   I'll try to find 8.4.1.77.   I'm looking I GSAK Help, my usual source.

I'm checking GSAK forum and there is a lot of chatter.   Did you reinstall an older version and then let GSAK update to a newer version?  Verions 8.4.1.77 doesn't seem to be in the list of versions.

Sakidoo

• Global Moderator
  • Full Time Cacher
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 12:35:17 »

I'm checking GSAK forum and there is a lot of chatter.   Did you reinstall an older version and then let GSAK update to a newer version?  Verions 8.4.1.77 doesn't seem to be in the list of versions.

OK, I've downloaded 8.4.1.77 and even 8.4.1.78.   I get a message saying 'number of calls allowed have been exceeded'.  I've even tried with just one geocache.   So frustrating.   I'm running Windows 8

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 14:34:23 »
To me, it sounds like GSAK/Geocaching.com thinks you are a basic member.

Perhaps your access token was invalidated when you upgraded your computer.

You may need to revoke GSAK's acccess to your GC.com account and then re-enable it.
https://www.geocaching.com/myaccount/settings/authorizations

Sakidoo

• Global Moderator
  • Full Time Cacher
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 20:32:52 »
To me, it sounds like GSAK/Geocaching.com thinks you are a basic member.

Perhaps your access token was invalidated when you upgraded your computer.

You may need to revoke GSAK's acccess to your GC.com account and then re-enable it.
https://www.geocaching.com/myaccount/settings/authorizations

It got sorted out.   I removed my user name and then re-entered it an it works like a charm now.   It really had to do with the fact that I had changed my password.   GSAK had a record of my access UID and password and it was blocking as a result.   Once I deleted it, and reentered it with my new password, it solved the problem.   I'm really happy.

Thanks everyone for the idea.