Author Topic: Canadian County Tagger Macros  (Read 2390 times)

3-Bearss

Canadian County Tagger Macros
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:50:45 »
When I looked for the Canadian County Macros on GSAK forums they seemed to be missing. So I am posting them here.

missbug

Re: Canadian County Tagger Macros
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:36:20 »
i've tried everything and i can't seem to view maps of my counties! the .dat files are no longer listed on the forum, and i've run the macros over and over and no maps are coming up :(

help!

Taoiseach

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 15:33:55 »
I actually do have these working, but I couldn't even begin to explain how to get them to do so...

One word of warning though, they're not always completely accurate.  I have a find in Sudbury District, that GSAK tries to tell me is in Greater Sudbury, and a find in Dalhousie, NB that it says is in the Gaspésie Region.  Every time I run this macro, it resets the county for these two caches, and gives me credit for counties that I have not yet found a cache in (taking credit away from one that I have too)! I even have those two waypoints locked, but it overwrites them anyway.

missbug

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 07:58:14 »
hmm.. ok. thanks  :)

Starkiller

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 13:50:26 »
...  I have a find in Sudbury District, that GSAK tries to tell me is in Greater Sudbury, ...

Did you know that Greater Sudbury is the largest city in Ontario?                                                                                                               (<- by area)

After spending years living in Sudbury, I feel this should be mentioned.  ;)

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 23:44:48 »
I use the counties (even updated this evening).  However, as Taoiseach states, I don't think I could explain how to use it.  Most of the time it doesn't work for me and I just have to keep trying different little things.  I'm not a computer code kind of guy.  If I've gone a long time without running the macro, I have even more trouble. 

If we had access to your files, we could probably make it work but then you wouldn't know how to do it yourself for next time.  We're sure not much help, are we?

I run FindStatGen3.gsk or FindStatGen42Beta.gsk

Taoiseach

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 11:23:01 »
I bet you'd be able to get some actual help if you email the Bearss.

missbug

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 13:42:00 »
ok thanks  :)