Author Topic: Placing Munzees in your own caches  (Read 1306 times)

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Placing Munzees in your own caches
« on: March 21, 2013, 11:59:15 »
Not that I have that many larger caches, but I'm thinking about deploying munzees in some of my larger caches so that folks who geocache and munzee could get a two for one deal.
From what I've been able to find so far, you can't indicate in the cache listing that a munzee is in the cache.

It seems like a plausible idea from a geocaching perspective, but I am not so sure when it comes to users who only munzee.

Do munzee-only users want to go off the beaten track to get a capture?
Would putting a munzee in a cache put the cache at greater risk of being muggled, not put back properly, etc.?

Any comments on this idea?

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
Re: Placing Munzees in your own caches
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:36:24 »
I find little enjoyment finding a rash of munzees in a parking lot, so this was my plan as well. I have found many munzees that were on/in/beside geocaches. On the munzee page they generally mention the geocache, but not always. ;D
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

GreyingJay

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:53:22 »
Does munzee attrack a different sort of player who might not know (or care) about geocaching? Do we know that they'll keep the geocache hide intact?

Starkiller

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:19:57 »
I have found many munzees that were on/in/beside geocaches.

I strongly recommend you contact the CO and ask permission before putting a munzee on their cache. You can imagine the annoyance it could cause the CO if they had a very well camo'd geocaching rock or a false brick in the wall or other clever container, only to have a blatant munzee sticker on top of it. Keeping it in your own caches/placing new ones may be best. Maybe a nice regular sized cache with the munzee in the logbook?