Author Topic: Cache adoption  (Read 3446 times)

lacwitt

Cache adoption
« on: April 15, 2013, 05:40:36 »
I don't seem to have the time lately that I need to properly maintain the caches I have placed around the area, and as such, I am going to start archiving them when I find myself able to collect the containers.  If there is a favorite cache out there that someone would like to become the proud owner of, let me know and we can do the appropriate paper work, otherwise they are going to go bye bye.  I plan on keeping a couple of them active, http://coord.info/GC3DZDH"Not in my backyard (It's closer to the front) v.2" and http://coord.info/GC27BTP "100 Days of Caching Challenge", but I think it would be irresponsible of me to keep the other ones active with no real plan of maintenance.  If there is a puzzle you are working on, and are close to completing, or have solved and just haven't got around to grabbing the cache, let me know, and I can put off archiving it for a little bit.

Thanks,

Lacwitt.

GreyingJay

Re: Cache adoption
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 09:58:17 »
:(

I'm glad you're keeping the challenge cache up, I have yet to find it now that I've done all the work to qualify!

I still have AmAm on my "puzzles to grab" list, I guess I'd better get out there soon.

bbrimacombe

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 14:04:20 »
I have done some work towards Historic Britannia Village.  Now, I'll plan on finding it soon and would definitely be interested in adopting it.

lacwitt

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 14:16:27 »
I will be sure to give notice on the cache page before I archive, and I'm in no rush to clean them up, just putting this out there.  I don't want to be one of those people that let there caches rot and not take care of them, but I also know how frustration it can be to be planning on grabbing a cache for a while and then it disappears. 

geobob7

• Jr. Cacher
  • GC3R69H
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 11:00:25 »
I would be interested in adopting the following caches:
 GC23YFM Omax2 - Decisions, Decisions
 GC1N3R6 Omax - One Stop Multi
 GC3E5TX Restin' on Sandhill Rd.

lacwitt

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 16:11:50 »
I appreciate all the interest in adopting my caches.  I am going to contact groundspeak next week about what I have to do, and I will contact anyone who has expressed interest.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 20:58:46 »
I appreciate all the interest in adopting my caches.  I am going to contact groundspeak next week about what I have to do, and I will contact anyone who has expressed interest.
It's quite straightforward. 

Here's the info you need:
http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=54

GopherGreg

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 14:38:41 »
Hey! I'm interested in adopting (GC3CKX8) 'Back in the game', if you're planning on archiving it.
Contact me, and (if you want) we can arange for it to be adopted!

Greg

GopherGreg

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 06:31:04 »
Oh, and I'm also waiting to find 'restin' on sandhill road'. But if someone is to to adopt that, I won't need to find it as quickly...

Babushka_Qc

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 19:59:37 »
We are interested to adopt your 2 caches on the Quebec side : The Pontiac Ball Field and From Where I am standing.

geobob7

• Jr. Cacher
  • GC3R69H
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 01:58:05 »
I have adopted the three caches I requested. Thanks Chris. I would also like to adopt GC23X41 Omax2 - Double Puzzle.

GopherGreg

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:04 »
Thanks to geobob, for adopting the Sandhill road letterbox (now I can find it, without worrying when it will be archived), and lacwitt, as I have now adopted 'Back in the Game'.

Greg

geobob7

• Jr. Cacher
  • GC3R69H
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 15:33:12 »
I have completed the adoption of the fourth and final cache of my requested ones. Thanks again Chris.

lacwitt

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 07:04:24 »
Just a quick FYI, I'm disabling most of my caches today.  If there are any puzzles anyone is in the middle of working on or has solved and not found yet, let me know and I'll make sure you log a find before I put it to bed.  Thanks.

geobob7

• Jr. Cacher
  • GC3R69H
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 10:51:13 »
That's a coincidence, I was just thinking of contacting you to volunteer to go out and pick up any containers when you want to archive any caches. And since you are archiving, do you have any maintenance supplies I could buy off you since I don't have much myself. Thanks!