Author Topic: Caches with number of consecutive days caching requirements  (Read 3767 times)

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
Caches with number of consecutive days caching requirements
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:59:22 »
I'm working on a small consecutive days caching streak (Day 14 so far) and I'm wondering what caches in the area have the consecutive days caching requirements?

I know of the 100 day one on an island that missbug got the FTF but I'm not thinking that big yet.  

I've had a couple of close calls for the streak ending so if there are any caches I qualify for or will soon I'd like to try and get them while I can.

missbug

Re: Caches with number of consecutive days caching requirements
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 13:26:33 »
"PC#21 Consecutive Conditional", in kanata
http://coord.info/GC1FY8R

use cron's coordinates! PC's are way off. the cache is in bad shape but you qualify!

lacwitt

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 17:44:38 »
keep shooting for the 100, it just takes some planning, and the ability to walk past a cache with out looking for it in order to save it for another day.  Try not to find any caches around your house, unless you are stuck, and before you know it, you'll be turning the  century mark.

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 13:28:54 »
Logged it today at lunch.  Nice new container with a fresh log.  

Yes, I'm walking past a few easier caches saving them for days I need a quick find.  I've already used one of my emergency caches near home.  Still have a decent collection of easy caches available.  That is the advantage of trying a streak early on in my life as a cacher, there are still lots of caches available.

Day #16 / Find #134
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 13:47:46 by PKAEH »

lacwitt

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 18:17:39 »
good job, keep it up.

179 consecutive days/487 caches found over that time.

junglehair

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 09:06:51 »
Tromelin and I have been working towards the 100 caching day streak since we moved to Ottawa (well, technically since a couple days before we left Winnipeg).  Today will be day 95  :)  Now the question is, do we stop at 100, or just keep on going.  When does the madness end???   Like CocaColaCacher, we're new to the area, so at least we have lots of options for caches to find.  Having to travel further and further now for those rainy day caches though. 

missbug

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 10:22:47 »
keep going! ;)

today is day #210 for me.. i'm still going, though over the weekend FTF was claimed on the ironman 365 day challenge in waterloo. we'll see how it goes!  Nano Bearss is on #205 and we've been good at keeping up with our daily find 'requirement' together!

bbrimacombe

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 14:12:15 »
I'm going for 100 consecutive days as well.  I'm at 76 days as of today.  I'll keep going beyond 100 but unfortunately, I have to choose between visiting my parents at Christmas or maintaining my streak.  It's pretty clear which one I'm going to choose ;) 

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 14:21:08 »
I'm going for 100 consecutive days as well.  I'm at 76 days as of today.  I'll keep going beyond 100 but unfortunately, I have to choose between visiting my parents at Christmas or maintaining my streak.  It's pretty clear which one I'm going to choose ;) 

Your parents will understand. :) Seriously though, are there no caches near their house that you could go for a walk after dinner?

bbrimacombe

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 14:31:25 »
Only one that is 4.9km away.  And I'll be visiting them for about a week.

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 14:37:48 »
Only one that is 4.9km away.  And I'll be visiting them for about a week.

Clearly, they need to move before December!  ;D

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 12:12:26 »
As was mentioned to me earlier in my caching streak, you have to have the ability to walk past caches and save them for a rainy day.

Two days in a row now I've walked past "Descentitized" to get "CyclePath30" (yesterday) and "CyclePath31" (today) on my lunch time caching walks.  The weather has been so nice that I figured it was a good idea to get the farther caches and leave the closer one for a colder/rainier day.  Walking past is tough to do, I'm within meters of the cache and it would be so simple to just stop and grab it.  ARG!!!

A couple of times I've grabbed an extra cache at lunch and regretted it a couple of days later when the weather is crappy and I have to get a farther cache in the rain.

Oh well, day 51 done, 49 to go (figure 100 will be it for the streak, it's getting trickier every day with my limited caching time and farther treks to get caches).  Can someone dump like 49 drive-by caches in Bells Corners - Barrhaven for me???  Or I guess I can check my socks for any orphans and get the kids to make me some puppets!! :D ;D

GreyingJay

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 14:10:27 »
Can someone dump like 49 drive-by caches in Bells Corners - Barrhaven for me???  Or I guess I can check my socks for any orphans and get the kids to make me some puppets!! :D ;D

I'll go see if any more restaurants have closed down lately  ;D