Author Topic: GAG19 Voting Results  (Read 3442 times)

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
GAG19 Voting Results
« on: May 05, 2013, 20:02:23 »
GAG19 Voting Results

Multi
Winner: Be Prepared by Xira
Runner Up: What's the point? by Xira

Puzzle
Winner: Follow the Yellow Brookfield Road by Portera
Runner Up: I have a feeling we're not in Kansas… by lostinthegarden

Micro
Winner: There's No Place Like Home - Home Tweet Home by NeoDorset & Family
Runner Up: W of O - Brain by RP Guiders

Hide
Winner: W of O - Brain by RP Guiders
Runner Up: Signature by Xira

Funniest
Winner: Tin Man: Off The Beaten Path by hokeygear
Runner Up: There's No Place Like Home - Home Tweet Home by NeoDorset & Family

Most Original
Winner: Signature by Xira
Runner Up: Be Prepared by Xira

Most Votes

Best Overall

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 16:12:42 by kirok »

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: GAG19 Voting Results
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 20:08:55 »
Congrats to all the winners, with a special shout-out to Xira for her impressie results!   8) 8) 8)

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 20:10:20 »
GAG18?  ;)

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 20:29:06 »
GAG18?  ;)

LOL.  I made the same copy / paste error in the announcement.   

GopherGreg

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 06:43:17 »
From what I saw my multi cam third or fourth behind Xira's... Found be preared yesterday, and it was amazing!

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:21:39 »
No one is more surprised than me that my Brookfield Road cache got any votes. I guess people enjoyed it after all despite the irritated logs. Sorry I could not get out this time, but once in a while I have to do Muggle work.

lostinthegarden

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 15:37:09 »
No one is more surprised than me that my Brookfield Road cache got any votes. I guess people enjoyed it after all despite the irritated logs. Sorry I could not get out this time, but once in a while I have to do Muggle work.

Hey, we might've nudged ya outta first place in the puzzle category, but ours suffered from being way off in the west end by itself and thus being a bit neglected... still only 10 finds logged on it.  No matter, since there were no prizes at stake, and we won the two bottles of wine at the event.  ;D

-litg

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 20:25:38 »

Hey, we might've nudged ya outta first place in the puzzle category, but ours suffered from being way off in the west end by itself and thus being a bit neglected... still only 10 finds logged on it.  No matter, since there were no prizes at stake, and we won the two bottles of wine at the event.  ;D

-litg

Mmmm Wine. I like wine...

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 22:36:06 »
I would have won for "Best LetterBox Hybrid" but that category was conveniently left off the ballot!

I'm miffed!

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 23:59:07 »
The category was canceled when it was determined that there was no stamp in the container of the only contender  ;)

GopherGreg

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 07:26:37 »
What happened to the stamp? I found it a few days ago, and there wasn't a stamp! DId it start with someone? If someone took it I think it's most likely that "Team Nicolas Cage" (Or something like that), who's log consited of:

"First cache B*tch!!!!"

Unless he changed it...

GreyingJay

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 08:22:33 »
Hahaha!

Well... we were all first timers once!

Perhaps it would be good to tether the stamp to the logbook or container next time so it doesn't go missing.

Congrats to everyone who won votes, and to GopherGreg for a well-done multi (which I have yet to find...) Your cache hides have been progressively improving!

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 12:53:42 »
Wow! <blush>

Thanks to everyone for the votes, the favourites, and the in-person compliments about my caches. I so much enjoy setting them up and it’s rewarding to see positively how they are received.

I confess that I was happy to see that Be Prepared beat out Signature in the last two categories. That one was my personal favourite among my three. I put a lot of time thinking how to implement it. The third waypoint, in particular, led to a very productive session with a complete stranger in one of the aisles at Home Depot. He was curious to know why I was dithering around in a certain place, picking things up, fiddling with them, and putting them back. After a chat about geocaching in general and that cache in particular, he explained how to do something I was sure could be done but couldn’t figure out how to do.

I was uncertain about placing Signature – should I or shouldn’t I? In hindsight, I’m very glad I went forward with it. It had an unexpectedly short life but I had a lot of fun with its genesis, life, demise, and reincarnation!

GopherGreg

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 18:07:18 »
That one (GAG19 - Be Prepared) was my personal favourite among my three. I put a lot of time thinking how to implement it.

That was me, EpicDuck, KanataCatCachers, geocash4fun and BenjiTheButcher's favorite as well! (I can't speak for GreyingJay when he found it with us, but I think he liked it!)

I enjoy all of your multi caches! So far Stumblin' Around comes a close second to be prepared!

Thanks,

Greg