Author Topic: GAG15 - November ?  (Read 14638 times)

GeoAventuriers

Re: GAG15 - November ?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 20:51:25 »
 :-\ Ok, I guess it's safe to say that the standard GAG ''wording'' for cache pages can no longer be used.  Anyone know how to go about relaying the same ''GAG message'', by using 'acceptable' wording??  ???  Also, how can we be nice and ask the reviewer to hold off on publishing a cache....placed for the enjoyment of an event. ??? ???

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 21:28:41 »
Use this.

"Please advise me if this cache GZ is OK or not, then HOLD FOR PUBLICATION the same time as all the other GAG15 caches, Wednesday November 10, 2010."

Cacheminder will then review your cache and send you a note advising you of it's condition. If approved, he will likely LOCK your cache so that you cannot make any changes to the cachepage until after he publishes it (a lot less work for him), and saves any surprises that might make more work for him.

So, get your coords right before you hit submit (or make any changes before he locks it).

My cache page (approved) uses this in the description...

This cache is being published for Ottawa's Gag15. Please do not search for it before Friday Nov 12th at 6pm. Anyone doing so may find themselves pilloried in public for their humiliating behavior... ;-)

BTW, if you're into WAYMARKING, and recognize this pillory - there are 7 waymarks at this tiny garden park...

You'll get an email like this;

**** Listing on HOLD for GAG 15 - November 10th publication ****

This listing has passed review, placed on a Bookmark List and is being held for future publication.

I have had a variety of dates/times but I will plan on publishing them all the evening of November 10th

To avoid re-review before publishing I will be locking the listings some time before publication. If you need to make changes prior to publication and find the listing locked please contact me by email, through my profile page below (or wait until it's published for non-critical changes like dropping TB's).

Should another player place a cache too close to this one it will be suggested they contact you for assistance. They will be told the GC number but not the coordinates.

CacheMinder - Ontario Volunteer Reviewer
(visit link)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 15:47:26 by model12 »
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

GeoAventuriers

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 15:43:48 »
 :-[D'oh!  Brain fart!!  Should have thought about it a bit more....  The GAG organizers can't ask us to place caches...but we sure can offer to place some....:P :P

BTW, I do remember that particular pillory... Here's a pic of Mr.Packrat in the same precarious position.. :D :D :D

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 15:48:17 »
You can both log it on waymarking.com then...!

Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 13:08:43 »
I am very excited to see the caches when they get published tonight. I kind of feel the anticipation that I used to feel as a kids at Christmas. Weird eh?

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2010, 13:12:35 »
That's what we're going for. That giddy-like-a-little-girl feeling. Glad you're all a-twitter.

Steve

- Dr. Seuss

graciious

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2010, 14:43:59 »
Let the games begin... here they come!

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2010, 14:51:18 »
Let the games begin... here they come!

Nope! Those are my cycle caching day tomorrow. 48 and counting!

Turns out there are a few numbers missing. The total as of 3:09 is 47 caches along the O/L Trail! YAY!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 15:09:33 by portera »

graciious

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 15:05:31 »
Ya.. a little premature congratulations on my part.   My blackberry trackball is dead so I just saw these caches start pouring in and made an assumption they were GAG related.  Sorry folks!

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 18:00:30 »
Here they come...!
Steve

- Dr. Seuss

JSDAFM

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 18:01:34 »
I see two three chirp caches already!!

Edited for correctness
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 18:27:32 by JSDAFM »

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2010, 18:48:18 »
Here they come but the upload functions failing again!?! :'(

dcmg

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2010, 19:39:01 »
I have 64 71 in a bookmark list now including the event. Just Ontario caches so far.

--DCMG
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 20:18:37 by dcmg »

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2010, 20:16:41 »
I've got 70 in my bookmark list. There are a few that are GAG15, but don't say so in the cache name.

My list is public as well.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2010, 20:19:03 »
Much appreciated to the bookmark list makers.  As per usual GAG form (for me), the e-mail notifications are trickling in so slowly, that I'm glad I have bookmarks to use.