Author Topic: House Concert this Friday - N 44° 57.814 W 075° 28.596  (Read 779 times)

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
We're a bit short on numbers this Friday for our Slocan Ramblers house concert. If' you've got the time and like live music, why not come on down. There are lots of caches close by too! BrianDiane and Waxwing44 are coming and I'll be there too - of course, so you won't be the only geo-geeks!

After our first successful House Concert of 2013 with the Celtic Harp of Susan Toman, we are switching gears and going Bluegrass.

On Friday evening June 21, come out to the shores of the Nation River and welcome Summer with a house concert featuring The Slocan Ramblers. Arrive at 7:00 for some finger food and conversation and music will begin at 8:00. Feel free to bring your favourite snacking dish for sharing.

House concerts are intimate musical events where all the proceeds go to the performers. Suggested donation $20. An RSVP lets us know how many people to expect and ensures that everyone who comes is able to enjoy the concert.

We hope to see you then, Marion Clarke and Ron Porteous

The Slocan Ramblers ( www.slocanramblers.com) started turning heads in early 2009 while playing casual gigs on the Toronto roots scene. The group’s natural chemistry and energetic live shows earned them a reputation as Toronto’s young bluegrass band to watch; their weekly residency at the Cloak & Dagger quickly becoming a staple of the city’s thriving acoustic music scene. With a successful summer of festivals behind them, including multiple standing ovations at the legendary Mariposa Folk Festival, and a recently released debut album, “Shaking Down the Acorns”. the Slocan Ramblers have grown into a focused and exciting group, garnering attention far beyond their traditional bluegrass fan-base.

“The Slocan Ramblers put on one of the most vibrant shows of acoustic music I’ve seen in some time. It’s rare for Canadians (especially young Canadians) to play this music with such authority, passion and yet ability for experimentation. Chops galore, and a handsome bunch of fellas”
- Tom Power Host of CBC’s Deep Roots, and Radio 2 Morning