Author Topic: Anyone headed to Europe  (Read 1615 times)

F0restGrump

Anyone headed to Europe
« on: July 15, 2013, 06:51:29 »
I have a trackable headed for Germany, specifically Baden Baden....but even the hop across the pond would be helpful  :)

GopherGreg

Re: Anyone headed to Europe
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:46:32 »
Any time you want a trackable to go somewhere, it will go in the opposite direction, it seems. I know my friend Evan (geocash4fun)'s trackable was supposed to make it to Vancouver, and travel across Canada. Instead dadndaughter accidentally grabbed it before they went to Germany, and the TB is now in Israel, 1200  KM from where he wants it.  ;D Good luck with yours. I don't know when Dadndaughter comes back for a visit from Germany, but if (or when) they do give it to them, to bring back with them.

Unless they don't come back for a while.

F0restGrump

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:13:20 »
That is the life of a trackable, stuck in the ebb and flow of each geocachers whim, fancy and misdirection.  :)

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 18:56:11 »
With the heat wave I know that it can seem like a long time from now, but we will be going to France a stone throw away from Germany for Xmas.
We also have a GC which wants to go back to Germany.

If somebody else is going that way before us, we would be delighted to reliquish our own GC, but otherwise we will happily take F0restGrump's trackable "across the pond" with us as well.

Keep us posted.

F0restGrump

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:15:18 »
Cool, do you go to the Meet and Greets? I could "hand it off" to you at one of those. In the mean time, it will get a bunch of mileage across Ontario during my vacation.  :)

magillmjl

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 14:02:34 »
Well, although still not "soon" my significant other (who is also into caching) is heading to Germany (Dresdin, Berlin, Munich...) at the end of October.  She has a couple TB's she's taking to drop off and I'm sure wouldn't mind one more.

Let me know if you need me to pass it on to her.

Cheers.