Author Topic: log sheet roller  (Read 1605 times)

leaf720

log sheet roller
« on: July 18, 2013, 01:23:54 »
I recently found a geocache with a roller attached to make for easy rolling of the log to put it back in a nano. I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with these and had made any of their own or found them somewhere as I am not looking to make an online purchase. Thanks

F0restGrump

Re: log sheet roller
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:16:19 »
Glue half a toothpick on one end of the log?

GreyingJay

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 09:16:33 »
Yeah, it doesn't take much. A toothpick, a safety pin, a piece of wire. I'd never thought to pack one of these in my caching kit but it makes sense!

And if you want to attach it to the logbook in your nano, a piece of wire or toothpick taped to the logbook would work just fine.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 09:30:35 »
Something I have found useful to carry with me to roll those really small log sheets is a small cotter pin.

leaf720

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 22:57:15 »
Thanks everyone. I was planning to put out a micro sometime and prepared the cache early...and I attached a toothpick, but it wouldn't fit so I had to cut the toothpick down to the point where it was rendered almost useless.  ???
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 14:15:59 by leaf720 »

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 17:14:55 »
Nano logbook tip #101

This does just fine for bison tube logbooks too.

Do not concern yourself with rolling the logbook back up so that it is perfectly round and compact. In most cases the logbooks that come with these nanos are already too big for the container. Add a drop of water and they swell up to the point where they will never fit back in anyhow.

Instead, simply fold the logbook in half, again and again, until it compresses as small as possible. Makes for easier removal too for the next cacher.

Ripping an inch or two off the top of the logbook will help it fit back into the container if the paper has swollen up to the point where it just won't go back in properly. You want to make sure the lid hits the sealing ring so that the log stays as dry as possible.

Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss