Author Topic: Mass discovery of trackables with GSAK  (Read 2553 times)

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Mass discovery of trackables with GSAK
« on: August 27, 2013, 22:45:38 »
While browsing images on my phone this evening, I found a photo I had taken of a list of TB/coin codes from the July Meet & Eat that I did not enter.

Needing more discoveries for BadgeGen badges, I wanted to log these retroactively and went looking for a GSAK macro and found one. It's called DiscoverTB.

You simply select the date, enter the text you want for the discover log (applies to all logs), and provide a semi-colon separated list of TB codes and it logs them via the GC API.
When it is completed, it presents a summary page of all TBs and coins logged.

This macro requires GSAK version 8.1 or higher.

The only issue I've found with it is that it does not handle errors with invalid or inactivated TB codes very well.

SigsPig

• Full Time Cacher
Re: Mass discovery of trackables with GSAK
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:15:34 »
the Project-Geo website will let you do this as well & will report invalid #'s. It has a host of other features including identifying which caches you need by county for the D/T matrix. For those who haven't discovered it yet, you can find it here: http://project-gc.com/

brewsterjuice

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:52:33 »
Wow! I think I looked at project geocaching it a year or so ago but its much better now. Oodles of interesting statistics and lots of very practical things. For a long time I've had a duplicate cache finding that I hadn't bothered to clean up but it has a special page to detect exactly that. And it has a lovely capability of comparing your finds to a friends via a map so that you could plan a caching trip together on the caches neither of you has found. 

F0restGrump

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:59:26 »
Cool