Author Topic: We need Vehicle TB //&// Do you have TB's to go to USA  (Read 1946 times)

PA

We need Vehicle TB //&// Do you have TB's to go to USA
« on: August 30, 2013, 15:57:34 »
We left home a week ago and arrived in Ottawa today (lots of bike caching in QC). 

We drive from here to USA on Sept 4 or Sept 5 going down to FL but passing through TN and SC, two states where we have not grabbed a cache yet. We have a bunch of trackables with us to drop in the US.  If you have any trackables that need to get to USA, we could arrange to pick them up from you or at a convenient local cache.

Also, we wonder if there is somewhere we could buy a vehicle TB in the area before we leave. Our new vehicle has tinted glass so we would need one that goes on the outside of the vehicle.

PAul

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: We need Vehicle TB //&// Do you have TB's to go to USA
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 09:42:33 »
Welcome back to Ottawa!  (Reading between the lines, my Perl scripts are at the ready.  ;D)

royfran

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 13:13:00 »
I don't really know if there is a retail store that specializes in geocaching supplies in this area.  I got my car TB from cacherstoybox.ca; they have static cling, decal and magnetic versions.  Surely one of those will work for you.  Mind you, their physical location is less than 200km from here.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 17:57:13 »
Cachers Toy Box is the closest caching retailer to Ottawa.

If you were heading towards Toronto you might be able to stop in Peterborough and pick one up from Lisa.

PA

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 20:53:27 »
Welcome back to Ottawa!  (Reading between the lines, my Perl scripts are at the ready.  ;D)

Hoping to find time to hide some.  If not now, maybe when we pass through here on the way home at the end of September to pick up our bikes.

We brought a few prepared caches with us, and I have a large number of new puzzles that I have created. But it is tough for us to identify an area where we can place caches, because of the number of puzzles here.  So there are no promises because we want to find an area where we can hide a number of caches.  We don't want people to have to run out and just find one. 

GreyingJay

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 09:52:41 »
Don't think there's anywhere local to buy a vehicle TB sticker in time before you leave, but here are a few ideas:

You can buy magnet-backed paper at Staples and print your own, then attach to your vehicle's metal body.

You can order custom stickers from VistaPrint that could stick to the outside of your car body or window, but still be removable. I had translucent "Camp Cherith" decals on my rearmost side windows for a month or two while I was doing camp work, they peeled right off once that was done.

PA

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 19:14:38 »
Today we met dggram and cambold on the trail.

They got a picture of our new vehicle

http://coord.info/GLC4CJV8

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 18:42:37 »
;D  Nice car PA.

PA

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 19:23:46 »
YOu seem to have good taste in vehicles and I love your plate.

PA

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 21:43:44 »
I guess this has gone off topic now.

On Friday we got back to Ottawa after our long road trip  to the US. We spent the weekend in town visiting family and caching with Ma`s brother sugami. Today we left for home, hoping to arrive in NB by Friday.  Anyhow, we just didn't find the time to hide more Micro Logic puzzle caches

PAul