Author Topic: Holding on to a TB for a long time.....  (Read 1383 times)

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
Holding on to a TB for a long time.....
« on: October 10, 2013, 12:45:38 »
I have a couple of trackables that have been with the same people for months, 6+ in one case.  They are still dipping them regularly so they are traveling.  I one case one keeps going between Alaska and the 50 states.

Would it be rude to ask them to leave them some where so that they can travel with different people?  

At least they are still being logged unlike a few other that I am trying to track down (and a few more that are MIA or I have given up on and will re-release new versions of some time).

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Re: Holding on to a TB for a long time.....
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 13:02:54 »
You can try asking. It worked out well for Inkyfiller.

I have one that has been held by the same caching family for over a year.  They won't reply to my e-mail and won't drop it off either.

brewsterjuice

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 14:27:59 »
Well don't give up hope. Today I had notifications on 3 TB that I had dropped in the same downtown San Francisco TB hotel in July 2012 and been declared missing a few months afterwards reappeared in Kentucky today where a new cacher was dropping them off.

GreyingJay

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 14:59:49 »
Wow, that is extremely rude to use someone else's TB as your own personal mileage logger.

Best thing to do is ask politely. But be prepared for the possibility of disappointment I guess.