Author Topic: Hiding souvenirs  (Read 1924 times)

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
Hiding souvenirs
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:50:58 »
The "International EarthCache Day" thread has segued into a discussion of hiding souvenirs. Apparently that ability now exists but I can't find it. How do I do it?

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Re: Hiding souvenirs
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:45:14 »
I can't see the option to hide them either.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:39:00 »
From your 'quick view' select souvenirs from the top menu items, or go to the souvenir tab of your profile page,  then hover over a souvenir and the red button will appear for you to click!

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 11:50:56 »
I don't see that in Internet Explorer or Chrome.

Perhaps it's something from GC little helper?

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:33:08 »
I'm using Firefox.....

Do you see the "Edit hidden souvenirs" link at the top left of the souvenirs? That lets you see which souvenirs you've hidden and allows the restoration of any of them.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:59:36 »
No, not seeing it with "standard" Chrome.

Turns out I had the GC little helper extension installed, but it was disabled.

I enabled GC little helper and the option to hide and/or edit hidden souvenirs showed up.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 16:53:39 »
Another perfect example of my not RTFM.  There are so many little hidden features / improvements that GC Little Helper gives me, that I cannot distinguish between which ones are from GC.com and which ones are from GC Little Helper.  Then I read this and turned GCLH off,and see that anything cool and useful is not actually at GC.com at all.  So, not that I would care if I can hide a souvenir or not, but looks like there is no way (that I can see) to hide a souvenir for real.  Only "fake" hide it from your browser with the GCLH extension.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:34:01 by kirok »

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 20:51:12 »
Another perfect example of my not RTFM.  There are so many little hidden features / improvements that GC Little Helper gives me, that I cannot distinguish between which ones are from GC.com and which ones are from GC Little Helper.  Then I read this and turn GCLH off,and see than anything cool and useful is not actually at GC.com at all.  So, not that I would care if I can hide a souvenir or not, but looks like there is no way (that I can see) to hide a souvenir for real.  Only "fake" hide it from your browser with the GCLH extension.

Too bad. I don't particularly care about souvenirs but I would hide those 31 days of geocaching ones if I could.

Thanks for the answers.