Author Topic: Garmin 60CSx distance Limitations  (Read 1435 times)

Tegiro

• Jr. Cacher
    • Descendants of Bertrand Chesnay
Garmin 60CSx distance Limitations
« on: September 18, 2010, 18:15:11 »
I need some urgent help...please!

We are going to St.Catharine Ontario tomorrow and had hope to do many of the St-Lawrence Seaway Trail caches along the way. But BIG problem!
It seems my unit will not accept any d/l from GSAK, or from Geocaching.com where the cache is about 175km away from my place.
There are many ways we've tried to d/l individual caches to my GPS unit, and even though Geocaching.com says saved successfully to my unit it is not there.
When I use GSAK to d/l the Eastern Lake Ontario series of caches my unit will not show them even though GSAK says it has done transferrred them OK.
We have tried to download caches from various distance and anything beyond 170 or so kms will not d/l to my unit.
Caches in Pembroke will d/l, but caches in Northbay, or Calgary won't.
Big mystery.
No problems using my Garmin Nuvi 350!

Can anyonew please help me before we leave tomorrow for St.Catharines via the USA?

Tegiro

Re: Garmin 60CSx distance Limitations
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 19:10:42 »
Waypoints are there, but they're not showing when you do a lookup because it's sorted by distance. Sort by alphabetical order and you'll find them all (or use the map, at a good zoom level).

Tegiro

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 19:21:16 »
You saved my day! I owe you a beer next time we meet.
Thank you very much. It was such a simple correction which never even crossed my mind as I had always used my unit with the nearest caches shown.
Thanks again.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 21:01:01 »
You should also consider using POIs. You can load an unlimited number on your device.

If you read French, see some instructions I posted here.

Tegiro

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 21:25:36 »
Merci Cron, des bonnes informations a tenir.

Tegiro