Author Topic: Plano Field Box Ammo Can on sale at CT until 11/07/13  (Read 2004 times)

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Plano Field Box Ammo Can on sale at CT until 11/07/13
« on: November 05, 2013, 21:52:45 »
This afternoon I discovered that the smaller Plano Field Boxes are on sale for half price ($5.99) this week at Canadian Tire.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/plano-field-box-ammo-case-0752471p.html

F0restGrump

Re: Plano Field Box Ammo Can on sale at CT until 11/07/13
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 13:31:32 »
Awesome, thanks!!

PA

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 21:55:26 »
Thanks for the information.  I posted your link on a local caching site here in New Brunswick and it piqued interest.

I checked the Canadian Tire website and found out how many there were at each local store.  

So on the way to a caching event tonight in Moncton with buddy Belladan, we stopped at a store in Shediac and I bought all 4 in stock and Belladan got a raincheck.  Before getting to the event, we stopped at a store in Moncton where there were over 40 and Belladan bought 4 of them.

I brought one of the containers into the event and everyone had a look at it.  Everyone is aware that the sale ends tomorrow and based on the reaction, it is quite possible that the local stores may run out of them tomorrow.

The containers look great.  They are very light compared to the metal ones but they seem very sturdy.  They are larger than stated in the ad. In inches they are about 5x5x12

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 22:12:39 by PA »

mano_mindfreak66

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 13:03:58 »
Thanks for the info!! Just went out and picked up 2 of them! It was just like finding a geocache too, trying to figure out where they were in the store. Except there were no handy coordinates to at least point me in the right direction.

PA

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 17:29:50 »
Thanks for the info!! Just went out and picked up 2 of them! It was just like finding a geocache too, trying to figure out where they were in the store. Except there were no handy coordinates to at least point me in the right direction.

Men don't ask for info, so we had brought MA with us last night.  Lucky we did. One of the stores showed the regular price on the shelf, but the sale price was in the computer.  The other store had 40 of them but they were all in the store room so you could only get them if you asked, and MA asked.

BTW  we bought 4 more today.  We may use them at prizes at our ice Walk  event this winter

GopherGreg

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 19:13:32 »
I went to get a few...

I asked the woman where the hunting stuff was and she say (Direct quote) - "Did you get your hunting license already?! You're a bit young..."
I explained geocaching, and she looked *almost* relieved, and showed me them. They also tried to charge me full price for them, but I showed them the website link, and the yellow sale tag. 

GreyingJay

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 11:50:45 »
Hahaha.

GopherGreg is putting out more larger caches? Hooray! ;)

I missed the sale  >:(

F0restGrump

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 12:18:31 »
I am not sure how old you are, but my son had his hunting licence when he was 12...sat with all the adults for three days in a classroom and passed with flying colours. And no, I did not sit in the class with him. I read outside in the car....and geocached of course!!!  ;)

GopherGreg

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 16:51:56 »
I am not sure how old you are, but my son had his hunting licence when he was 12...sat with all the adults for three days in a classroom and passed with flying colours. And no, I did not sit in the class with him. I read outside in the car....and geocached of course!!!  ;)

Wow. I never really go hunting/fishing. I've done a couple catch and release things, but I usually would rather go hiking, or geocaching.

How old is your son now, and does he actually use this license?