Author Topic: Mini Guerriers  (Read 1669 times)

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
Mini Guerriers
« on: November 15, 2013, 13:09:13 »
There was a TB (kind of...) placed in a cache near Kanata on GAG20 weekend.  I didn't realize that it was a trackable until I logged the find.  I decided to go back and retrieve it but two cachers had been there since and one had taken it.  

The owner has set out several little army guy figurines and has written the (same) trackable code on the bottom.  Who knows where the REAL one is?  He asked that the cacher who finds them mention where they were discovered.  I've never encountered this type of scheme before and find it simply confusing and frustrating.  

I found three of them in caches along the WDFRT trail on Berwick Rd this past Monday.

At this point, I don't really care if I give out the TB #...Here..I'll shout it out loud!  CBPXZN
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 13:16:33 by waxwing454 »

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Re: Mini Guerriers
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 13:57:28 »
Very odd indeed.

According to the trackable page, it looks like the TB owner set a bunch out all with the same code.

This is what I find odd; "You can keep or move in other cache".

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 14:18:48 »
I figured out what was going on when I tried to log it but the "trackable" had been SEEN in a cache near Montreal while it was also sitting in a cache in the Ottawa area.  How could that be?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these three little guys.  Maybe just bring them to the next event and whoever wants 'em can have 'em! Well, at least I was able to up by trackable count up by one!

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 18:40:26 »
It sounds sort of like a pathtag, of which you can have hundreds with the same tracking number circulating at the same time. Just another way to vicariously travel the world I guess...
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

yukonshawn

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 20:44:47 »
I remember collecting this TB from one of CocaColaCacher's caches behind Bell High School and seeing the code written on the bottom.
When I logged it, I was surprised to see that it was still logged as being inside a cache near Quebec City.

I dropped it off at the GAG event, so hopefully its in good hands now.

BluePanther51

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 22:14:45 »
I found one on during the recent multithon  I was reading the number as CBDZXN.  There was also a cacher on the trail using the name Guerriers and when I try CBPZXN instead it seems that he is the owner.