Author Topic: A Little Birdie Paddled me on Family Day  (Read 1067 times)

• Full Time Cacher
A Little Birdie Paddled me on Family Day
« on: February 16, 2014, 17:28:24 »
I've been slowly getting all of Model12's caches along the Jock and Rideau Rivers. Along the Rideau, I have three left to get: A Little Birdie Paddled Me Black (GC4F1GK), Blue (GC4F1GY), and Good (GC4EQXE). All of these are on the west side of the Rideau, south of Blacks Rapids.

I know it's short notice but I've decided I'd like some company for these. Tomorrow is a holiday and the weather is looking very nice. Is anyone up for joining me?

The plan is to snowshoe southward, on the river's edge, to at least the first two, for a round trip of about 1.5 km. If getting those two goes well, which I'm expecting it will, then we can carry on to the final for the puzzle, which will more than double the distance.

The parking lot at Blacks Rapids is plowed. There is a charge for parking: $1/hour to a max of $4.

It would be great if you reply here. Or just show up at the parking at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow, February 17.

Bring snowshoes!

• Jr. Cacher
  • GC3R69H
Re: A Little Birdie Paddled me on Family Day
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 18:28:42 »
Sorry I only just saw this. I would have gone with you on Monday if I'd known. I am quite often able to go off on short notice, so if you get another idea  you'd like company on you could try sending me a message (I'm not always able to keep up with stuff going on in the forum). Hope you had a good day even if nobody else turned up.

Re: A Little Birdie Paddled me on Family Day
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 14:55:45 »
Doh! Me too! I started grabbing these last Saturday with Esiban and opichi. We got the "Bow Wow" series, and plan to do more in the coming weekends as long as the ice conditions allow.