Author Topic: Garmin 2011 City Navigator North America Lifetime  (Read 1033 times)

team polarbear

Garmin 2011 City Navigator North America Lifetime
« on: September 21, 2010, 19:50:38 »
Has anyone had any experience with using the "Lifetime" version/s of City Navigator North America?  I have the DVD of the 2010 version and uploaded it to my PC.  Using Mapsource its working fine, however in looking at the possiblility of upgrading to a newer version the question of the Lifetime version looks pretty attractive. 

Dave  aka  Team Polarbear

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Re: Garmin 2011 City Navigator North America Lifetime
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:02:09 »
Does 'lifetime' mean free annual updates?

One of the issues I have with Garmin is that you buy the map, then the following year you pay an arm and a leg for an update....
I notice that most automitive GPSr's come with a map and an annual update service. Why not Garmin handhelds?

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:21:18 »
Lifetime, as described by Garmin.

Then, you can download the new data to your device, retrieving up to 4 updates per year, for the lifetime of 1 Garmin GPS.

Here's where it sucks. You'll probably change the device within 5 years. If you sell it, I guess the person buying it can still use the "free" updates.

flyguy35

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 17:34:10 »
I have the life time updates. It is cheaper than getting the updates yearly. With all the new streets and being in real estate, it pays for itself in one year.