Author Topic: Caches in Progress  (Read 1662 times)

BluePanther51

• Baby Cacher
Caches in Progress
« on: March 27, 2014, 08:59:31 »
How do others deal with 'caches in progress'?  Twice now in the last 4 months I've lost my work.  A c:geo update wiped my notes the first time, and a bad restore wiped the last ones,  Luckily my final coords for Ziggy are still in the GPS.  I was using a log book to keep multis and puzzles but gortex pockets also keep water in if the flaps are not closed properly.  It should be a bit faster to solve the puzzles again, but I'm not looking forward to retracing the multi.  Is there a way to easily keep notes in a 62s?

How do others keep track of DNFs, at the moment I add them to a watch list, but yesterday I got a notice that Princess Dino was found last year, not sure if this is a glitch or someone just really Late logging the find.

Starkiller

Re: Caches in Progress
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:13:23 »
Everything through geocaching.com. I put notes in there and manage lists through private bookmark lists.

If necessary I can access these notes easily through Cachesense for Android.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 12:03:52 »
The "Personal Geocache Note" field is a convenient spot to put your notes and waypoints. It's right on the GC cache page so it's available to you from whatever computer you log on with, and it's even available from the geocaching app on your smartphone.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 15:06:43 »
I also use the personal cache note on the web site, and access it via CacheSense for Android.

If I am part way through a multi, I'll enter the tag locations as child waypoints in GSAK, so I have them on my GPS and Smartphone app the next time I do an export.

BluePanther51

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 17:26:37 »
Just noticed one trouble.  I had been entering the info into the note field, but wasn't uploading it only saving it on the tablet.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 21:43:06 »
With c:geo, it seems every time groundspeak makes a web site change, something in c:geo breaks (since it's not an officially supported app).

As for Princess Dino, when I found it in Dec. 2012, it was in the tree.  Based on the recent logs, it's likely fallen; it's not really an area someone would just take a random walk to without a purpose (although it was a good spot to observe deer when I was there).