Author Topic: Fire tacks  (Read 1643 times)

deepdowndawn

Fire tacks
« on: May 03, 2014, 20:09:03 »
Any chance someone has picked up Fire tacks at an event that I could buy from you? Or I could replace as soon as I get a chance?
Would like to use them for a GAG cache, but don't want to rely on them coming in the mail on time....

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
Re: Fire tacks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 21:18:45 »
Do they have to be actual Fire Tacks, or would reflective tacks of any sort work? You can get reflective tacks in the hunting section at Canadian Tire. Le Baron probably has some, too.

deepdowndawn

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:18:35 »
No, they don't have to be fire tacks, just anything that would serve the same purpose. I looked up reflective tacks on their site and didn't find anything but obviously I was using the wrong keywords. I will check and see if they have something I could use. Thanks!!

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:48:39 »
I found tacks on the Lebaron site before, 2013 catalog I believe, but when I tried last night I could not find them in the interactive catalog.

I was there yesterday and never thought to check, as I was curious about them as well.

Not that it helps now, but I am trying out a different brand of tacks for my GAG21 cache, to see how they work out for night caches (beta test showed they do work well) as well as how they stand up to the elements.
They are Trail Tacks made by HME Products.  I bought them on eBay.

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 22:30:12 »

deepdowndawn

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 22:34:00 »
Got 'em. Thanks  :)