Author Topic: Possible new NCC Survey control monument  (Read 7611 times)

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Possible new NCC Survey control monument
« on: July 06, 2014, 21:29:43 »
While out rambling around today, I stumbled upon an NCC survey control monument.  I took some photos of it and figured I could log it when I got home.

However, I can't find it on the waymarking site.  By doing a search using the coordinates I took, I was able to find the monument that is one number less than the one I found, but not the one I found.
I also did the search by the number as well as the coordinates.

I also found a NCC boundary marker about 10 or feet away from the survey marker.  Unable to locate that on the site either.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: Possible new NCC Survey control monument
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 13:12:34 »
There are 1000s upon 1000s of Canadian Benchmarks and NCC Benchamrks that are not in the Waymarking database.  Why?  Simply because no one has created them yet.  Now that you've found it, create it.  ;D  Create both, and use them to qualify for cron's challenge cache.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 15:53:49 by kirok »

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 14:23:19 »

Aside from Canadian Geological Survey benchmarks I've also found Ontario Highways Survey Markers. They mark the major highways.

Add 'em to the Waymarking site if you wish... you'll find that few if any visit it.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 14:41:15 »
I submitted the NCC survey marker and it was approved, so I'll add the other one as well.

Then I'll have another challenge cache for the Challenge Cache Challenge.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 14:54:01 »
Add 'em to the Waymarking site if you wish... you'll find that few if any visit it.
True, not many will visit unless they have a reason to be in that area, if they even know about them.

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 09:27:24 »
Although it's true waymarking is not very popular (me being the first person never "logging" a waymark), it should be seen differently.

In the Big Data scheme of things, any kind of database for things like benchmarks, public benches,, public art, etc. could be useful one day for projects like openstreetmap. Just saying...
Le groupe de pression est l'enveloppe de la conduite parasitaire des gens qui ne veulent pas travailler avec leurs propres armes, leur propre force et leurs propres talents.