Author Topic: karl karlson  (Read 6023 times)

The_BOD

karl karlson
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:17:57 »
Anybody know this guy ?     I did his caches simply because they are very close to my workplace but they are junk mostly.  Some of the containers have been upgraded and moved but not the cache page so I mentionned it in my found logs.  Now I am receiving stupid messages from this guy from geocaching.com.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: karl karlson
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 09:50:36 »
Don't know him, but I received an e-mail from him when he assumed (incorrectly) that I had his funeral home cache archived.   The buzz is that he has been replacing his containers with ones that are more appropriate, yet still making rookie mistakes of moving the containers to new locations without updating coordinates / cache pages.  Until this new cacher introduces himself better to the community, finds at least one geocache, and maybe asks for some help, any new caches of his are on my ignore list.

Judging by the fact that it is Saturday morning, and not a soul has attempted to FTF on his new cache published Thursday, tells me that other people may be of the same opinion. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 19:31:41 by kirok »

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 11:26:39 »
And now there's another one...

Gavin Rossdale

G_Fours

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 13:49:30 »
He's giving sock puppets a bad name.

GeoAventuriers

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 20:37:29 »
Now I am receiving stupid messages from this guy from geocaching.com.

Now that's just plain childish and stupid.  Thought about writting a nasty found it log for DEADWOOD just to see if I would have gotten the same response.   >:(  I decided it would just have been a waste of time;  so I just wrote '' Found it...'nuf said''  :P

He put in his description for ''Log in a log'' that he didn't want to receive any hostile logs...  Looks like this CO can't stand any sort of constructive critisism. :-\ :-\

Went looking for his newest cache ''Gavin Rossdale'' but gave up after 2 minutes of searching.  I didn't feel comfortable looking around the bushes with all the cars stopping at the intersection; not to mention all the people waiting for the bus at the nearby bus stop.  All of which were giving me the evil eye!!!  :-[

The_BOD

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 21:40:28 »
how do I report to geocaching.com.

It seems the user has decided to delete every find I have made on his caches....

this is not right and even if they are bad caches I did find them and log them.....

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 21:48:41 »
http://www.geocaching.com/faq/default.aspx

There's a link to contact Groundspeak at the bottom.
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

The_BOD

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 21:52:58 »
ok I reposted my finds and he is playing a child game.  should I contact reviewer first ? I've never been in a situation like this before.

graciious

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 22:07:33 »
I would accept it and move on. I am considering deleting my find just so I don't have my name associated with his caches.

The_BOD

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 22:12:49 »
that's the moral thing to do I agree...

graciious

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 22:15:23 »
I deleted my log.  after all it's not about the numbers!  I have to learn to show support to cachers that respect the sport.  Sending rude or insulting emails to people I think are nice is just unacceptable.  I was going to email him, to let him know why I deleted my log but figure my comments would probably be rude and possibly defensive and it's just not worth it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 22:26:02 by graciious »

graciious

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 22:16:35 »
Thought about writting a nasty found it log for DEADWOOD just to see if I would have gotten the same response.

Just be careful which Deadwood gets your nasty log! I don't want his poor cache associated with my quality hide!   ;D ;D

The_BOD

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 22:21:26 »
Your log entry for the listing DEADWOOD (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 18:48:16
Your log entry for the listing Beam me up! (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 18:52:59
Your log entry for the listing i wanna rock (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 18:55:42
Your log entry for the listing OVERHEAD (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 18:56:23
Your log entry for the listing DEADWOOD (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 19:48:36
Your log entry for the listing Beam me up! (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 19:50:53
Your log entry for the listing i wanna rock (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 19:51:25
Your log entry for the listing OVERHEAD (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 19:52:02
Your log entry for the listing DEADWOOD (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 20:02:47
Your log entry for the listing Beam me up! (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 20:04:38
Your log entry for the listing i wanna rock (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 20:04:58
Your log entry for the listing OVERHEAD (Traditional Cache) was deleted by karl karlson at Saturday, 25 September 2010 20:05:23
:) I gave up....  But I hope I never meet him :)

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 22:39:21 »
Report him to abuse@geocaching.com and cite your case. They will take care of it and reinstated and lock your logs. You found them; you deserve the finds.
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

The_BOD

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 22:48:03 »
thank you for the help.  I followed what you said.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 23:22:23 by The_BOD »