Author Topic: Help identifying old cache in Lytle Park  (Read 1824 times)

MadameBibitte

Help identifying old cache in Lytle Park
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:56:30 »
A bit of a strange request, but I'm curious, so here goes...  A few days ago, I was out caching in Lytle Park and stumbled upon a cache that doesn't show up on the map, so I'm assuming it was either archived or the final of a multi or puzzle that hasn't been found in a long time.  It was wedged in between two trees on the path leading to GC1A8XR - Iron Ring.  The cache was in pretty rough shape; the container was damaged and the logbook was all rotten and stuck together with mold so I couldn't identify it.  The coordinates were N45 16.718 W75 48.052.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Re: Help identifying old cache in Lytle Park
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 00:20:02 »
That has to be an archived cache from before mid-2007, as it has proximity issues with the final of something else.

It's been a couple of years since I've been on that set of trails, but I don't recall seeing anything like that at the time.

MadameBibitte

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 14:40:04 »
Hmmm, it would make sense for it to be relatively old, since it was in very rough shape.  It wasn't well-hidden at all; just wedged between tree trunks right next to the path, so it's possible that it could have migrated a bit from its original location as well... thanks anyway!

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 16:59:19 »
The only cache that I have in my database that was anywhere near that was Charlie the Goldfish.  http://coord.info/GC1KFWH
Of course, it may have been an archived cache that I never found, so I wouldn't have it in my DB.  What did the container look like?  Peanut butter jar?  Cliffy Tube?

MadameBibitte

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 20:56:13 »
Oops, I suppose a description would have helped!  It was a big peanut butter jar, covered with camo tape... rather like the one in the log photos for Charlie the Goldfish.  If that was it, it certainly wandered quite a bit from its original spot.

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 00:26:57 »
Congratulations on your last-to-find.

RCA777

• Baby Cacher
    • Central Ontario Geocachers
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 21:34:19 »
As Kirok said, http://coord.info/GC1KFWH is the most obvious -- nothing else was closer.

Does it look like this?

http://imgcdn.geocaching.com/cache/log/large/cd27a92e-1a23-4742-b43a-ac5e7e5821bc.jpg

marvin_gardens

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 22:38:57 »
I found the container today.  It was lying on the ground.  I didn't find the logbook.  The container looks shorter than the one Model12 is holding in Charlie the Goldfish.