Author Topic: Moving a cache to a 'better' place - WRONG!!!  (Read 32 times)

Sakidoo

• Global Moderator
  • Full Time Cacher
Moving a cache to a 'better' place - WRONG!!!
« on: December 03, 2018, 20:42:54 »
I baffles me why someone would move a cache thinking it's a better place or is it to stump others.    Today, I found the cache GC80NN6 ML179 Easy Micro Logic by Ma & Pa.  I found it in early afternoon in a spot easy to find and certainly hard for muggles to spot.   I was probably the fourth or fifth to sign, after KCoteSometime between my find and about 2 hours later, a 'buddy' called me to ask where I had found it.  When I described the location (which was easy to find for me), this 'buddy' used a flashlight and spotted it 'shoved' into a hole.   A tool was needed to retrieve it.  Subsequently, others had the same experience.   Had to spot who actually was the guilty party.  Suffice it to say, I really feel that we need to educate users.  Perhaps CCC Workshops may not target the culprits but it might be valuable to mention it.     Frustrating.  Have others encountered the same?

royfran

• Full Time Cacher
Re: Moving a cache to a 'better' place - WRONG!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 05:20:00 »
I had a similar experience this past Saturday with TigrePlus.  I remember finding Autobot #31 fairly quickly on the day of publication; it was actually visible from a distance if you looked in the right place.  On Saturday TigrePlus had to bend down and almost crawl under the Autobot to retrieve the log; he wasn't able to retrieve the container (as if it had been glued in place but maybe it was just stuck in a bit of ice) and had to access the log from a somewhat uncomfortable position.