Author Topic: Saturday, March 7th - Walking on Water Series  (Read 1113 times)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Saturday, March 7th - Walking on Water Series
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:14:16 »
It seems that our good friend Xira has presented us with an excellent outing for next Saturday! Ten caches, all D/T 1.0/5.0 !

http://coord.info/map?ll=45.372937,-75.899865&z=15

That should take care of the morning, followed by lunch at the Barley Mow and then there are a few new ones up toward Calabogie.....

http://coord.info/map?ll=45.322794,-76.73105&z=13

Al's at 0700 hrs, bring your snowshoes!

Lib
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
Re: Saturday, March 7th - Walking on Water Series
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 00:12:46 »
Definitely way too early for us, but we will likely follow your footsteps later in the afternoon.
Just wondering: with the temperatures warming up, how can we know whether the ice is actually safe or not?

cd.cuts

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:27 »
Definitely way too early for us, but we will likely follow your footsteps later in the afternoon.

I'm say to have to say this but the caches will be gone by then. They are placed on DND land (just barely). I haven't had any official complaint (yet) but I've been made aware of the problem. The mob is going to pick them up for me in the morning.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:38:58 »
Just wondering: with the temperatures warming up, how can we know whether the ice is actually safe or not?

cd.cuts

Any time you walk onto the ice you're taking risks, it's important to assess the ice every time you venture out.

My assessment of the ice conditions includes the weather conditions in the immediate past, the presence of a current vs still water, and most importantly the presence of others on the ice.

Because of the cold temperatures for the past month there is going to be 2 feet or more of ice, the area is Lac Deschenes so there isn't a strong current here, especially close to shore, and I expect to see ice-fishing huts and vehicles parked on the ice.

It's important to be safe...

Blue -

- Sheila Mendonça

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 14:21:51 »
Regrettably the caches have been archived and the logs have been locked by the reviewer.
There will be no finds on this series by the geoMob I'm afraid.

Blue -
- Sheila Mendonça

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 08:53:41 »
 :(