Author Topic: Any CITO around Ottawa for International CITO Weekend?  (Read 1050 times)

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
Any CITO around Ottawa for International CITO Weekend?
« on: March 09, 2015, 01:30:48 »
We have been attending/enjoying a few local CITO events in the past couple Springs, but can't see any published in the Ottawa area this year (International CITO Weekend is April 25-26).
Is it simply not happening at all this year, or is it too early for publication?
We might end up at one of those published in Quebec, but would rather contribute to cleaning the local community if an event is planned.

cd.cuts

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Re: Any CITO around Ottawa for International CITO Weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:54:14 »
The SNCITO6 has been scheduled for April 25th, but there will be more discussion at the Finch Meet and Eat Workshop: March 2015 by Starkiller, GC5NA50, on the 10th of March.

More information to follow.....

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

BluePanther51

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 17:10:20 »
I had contacted the NCC in the fall about holding one along Timm road,  but their reply went to my other email and by the time I noticed there was snow.   I think it was at P7,  but it was the worst location I've come across yet,  broken bottles, tissues and condoms everywhere.  Luckily there are only a few caches close to the parking lot where most of the mess is.  If there is interest I can dig up the email and then there'd have a second option for the Sunday.

Whynotpinotte

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:16:02 »
CITO around P7 would be a bit closer to Gatineau and easier to participate for us.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:41:09 »
The SNCITO6 has been scheduled for April 25th! The cache page will be submitted sometime this week.

The final location has yet to be announced but it will be either at the Iroquois Locks http://goo.gl/maps/E1a9l a St. Lawrence Seaway Commission Park, or at the Two Creeks Conservation Area nearby on Highway 2 http://www.nation.on.ca/recreation/hikingwalking/two-creeks-conservation-area-iroquois-ontario These are about 1 hours drive from downtown Ottawa.

Cass Bridge Conservation Area, site of the very first SNCITO is also in the running. http://www.nation.on.ca/recreation/fishing/cass-bridge-conservation-area It's near Winchester on the South Nation River.

The free breakfast that has become a feature of past CITO's has been dropped, allowing for a later start time, and new caches in the area are anticipated as has been the case in past events.

A smaller, simpler CITO event in Ottawa/Gatineau would make it easier for people who cannot take too much time out of their day but want to participate in the EarthDay souvenir....

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

happyheartcache

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 07:37:24 »
I have submitted my event to the reviewers today to hold a CITO April 26th at 10:00am in Findlay Creek (Bank and Leitrim area).