Author Topic: Is the new search broken?  (Read 959 times)

royfran

• Full Time Cacher
Is the new search broken?
« on: June 08, 2015, 08:22:40 »
Is it just me or is the new GC .com search function broken?  A few days ago I tried to find caches that have at least 10 favorites (soon there'll be a souvenir awarded if I find one of those) and the generated list included caches with less favorites than that.

Today I tried again, this time looking for caches with a particular string in the name; again the list included caches whose name don't look anything like what I typed.

I could swear all the filters worked just fine during beta testing.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
Re: Is the new search broken?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:39:02 »
I just tried it, and if I typed in the number of minimum favorite points, it did not work.
I then tried it using the increment arrows, and that worked.

It seems the search is using all combinations of settings on the right hand side, in addition to anything else that has been set.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:41:04 by BlackRose67 »

royfran

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:17:48 »
My first reaction after reading the previous post was "what increment arrows?" but a little more investigating showed me that Firefox displays them but not Internet Explorer.  That does not however explain why, when I type triangle in the Geocache name contains box, I get caches with names that are nowhere close.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 13:39:57 »
Interesting.

I just did that, and I get 3 caches with triangle in the name within 16 km of my home coordinates.

My filters for the right hand side of the screen are: I haven't found, I don't own, All, All, All, All
That gives me 3 caches with triangle in the name, plus one other with corrected coordinates that does not match the name.