Author Topic: Saturday, June 27th, 2015 - Rendezvous between the Rideau Lakes  (Read 960 times)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
This weekend's agenda revolves around the Upper Narrows Geocaching Event by MasterCacherz and Upper Narrows Retreat http://coord.info/GC5WJ3A

Be sure to log your "will attend" so they can plan properly for food etc. The Lodge will have a BBQ lunch available.

There are new caches in the queue for that weekend so be sure to take a fresh pocket query before heading out. The geoMob will start the day with breakfast at Al's for 0700 hrs as usual and then carpool down to the Narrows Lock for the event at 1000 hrs.

If there is enough interest we can bring car-top boats or rent a small boat in Portland for an attempt on "Splashing in Green Bay" http://coord.info/GC3PQ92
That cache was found in June this year.

See you at breakfast!

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
Re: Saturday, June 27th, 2015 - Rendezvous between the Rideau Lakes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 22:23:23 »
If you end up deciding to go for a small boat, keep the two of us posted about your plans/cost.
That cache has been on our impossible TODO list for quite a while, we would love to actively cheer (and take pics of the hero of the group) from the comfort of the boat.
We have our own life jackets.

cd.cuts

brewsterjuice

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 05:46:38 »
That's a very fun cache. If you're going out of your way to get it I'd recommend having your 'diver' bring a mask and fins. Its just deep enough that unless you're a really strong swimmer it could be frustrating to get ....and put back. :D

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 14:07:00 »
After action report:

A lovely day out and about with the geoMob.

The "Splashing in Green Bay" cache was a bit more of a paddle than I'd anticipated. The wind made for rough water and tough going on Big Rideau Lake, but the sheltered water of the bay was fine..... I think everyone was sorry we had not paid for the rental motor boats after all. An easy find once at the GZ and it was Packrat's 14,000th find!

The event was very well organized in a beautiful venue. The traditional caches were nice little hikes into the woodlands and the geoArt puzzle trail was well done as well.

Everyone seems to have a tick story from the day, I pulled one out of my side when I got home, but that's to be expected these days.

Blue -
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 14:56:47 by kirok »
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça