Author Topic: Elusive Puzzle Types  (Read 2677 times)

geonerding

• Jr. Cacher
Elusive Puzzle Types
« on: March 21, 2016, 10:21:03 »
Hello all!

I have a question about puzzle caches, see GC6DTQ0 Blank Cache: https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC6DTQ0_blank-cache (sorry I don't know how to format  ??? )

My question is how does one even begin to think about how to find the answer?  (Not really asking how to solve this one in particular) We don't attend the workshops since only one of us would be able to attend (me and I find it awkward going by myself) - is this where everyone gets together to come up with extraordinary puzzle concepts? 

I know there is a bit of debate around traditional and puzzle find counts...and I must say there are lots of puzzle in our region that certainly weed out the casual cachers like us. I guess that really is the answer to my question - they aren't designed for the average player but the super players? (Who we admire btw).

royfran

• Full Time Cacher
Re: Elusive Puzzle Types
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 13:56:52 »
In general, this http://parmstro.weebly.com/blank-caches.html is a good starting point but for this particular one, no one has figured out yet.  Welcome to the club!

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:20 »
You'll noticed there is a big blank space between the certitude checker and "Additional Hints".

Select that area, and text magically appears.
There's nothing useful there that I can see, but that's sometimes where information is hidden.

Sometimes it can be embedded in the source code of the page using special tags, etc. (i.e. instead of "N 45" it could be "en four five")

geonerding

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 10:20:21 »
Great resource Royfran!!

I had seen the hidden 'useless' text and harumpfd.  :-X