Author Topic: GC64PT2 - Chelsea en fête  (Read 1960 times)

Whynotpinotte

GC64PT2 - Chelsea en fête
« on: May 14, 2016, 05:54:08 »
Chelsea is organizing two geocaching circuits to be launched on June 4, 2016. Everybody's welcome to participate and if some of you have want to volunteer mentoring new cachers throughout that day, please contact Mme Marie-Danielle Michaud: <MD.Michaud@chelsea.ca>

Rhinograde

• Baby Cacher
Re: GC64PT2 - Chelsea en fête
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 21:23:49 »
I was told most geocaches will be published early Saturday morning. We also have a multi and a simple puzzle that are already published. There will be some really interesting door prizes for geocachers attending the event and completing the passport that will be distributed in the morning at the Meredith centre in Old Chelsea.

See you there.

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 23:53:57 »
Thank you Rhinograde for the heads up.

We like to plan our itinerary for "caching events" (routing, difficulty/terrain/type of hide & optional extra caches in the same area) at the very least one day in advance (2 or 3 days even more appreciated), and we are really not fans of manually punching dozens of waypoints into our GPS on the day itself, so considering that we are not cell phone cachers, this means that we are effectively shut out of the event. Note to myself: I need to enter the modern era - looks like the good old handheld GPSs are now a thing of the past.

We were still undecided about our participation to what sounds like a really nice event, but I know that we will enjoy it a lot more by coming prepared with the GPS pre-loaded on another day.
We are wishing lots of fun to all the participants!

Rhinograde

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:05:24 »
You are absolutely right and I feel the same way. I expressed my concerns to the organizers but the plan was already decided. I was told the caches would be published at 6:00 on Saturday morning. I agree it is really late for planning an event.

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 12:15:44 »
One thing to note: The reviewer that lives in that general area will not be available to publish them, so if they were depending specifically on her (I know there are other Quebec reviewers), they are going to be out of luck.

Although I will not be attending the event, I agree with the comments below regarding being given advanced notice for route planning, loading various car and handheld GPS devices, plus smartphone, etc.