Author Topic: iPhone Wherigo!  (Read 5917 times)

Binrat

• Jr. Cacher
Re: iPhone Wherigo!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 11:04:31 »
To work with an IPod I am guessing I will require a GPS add on or something.

Binrat

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 12:00:03 »
To work with an IPod I am guessing I will require a GPS add on or something.

Correct.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

Tanglebones

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 22:57:52 »
Ooh, I'll have to download the Whereigo App.  I would love to see someone come up with a Whereigo with a Star Wars theme for GAG17.  (hint, hint!)

;D

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 20:12:57 »
Thanks JungleTones! Looking forward to trekking across the wastes of Tatooine, or jungles of Endor, or.... well you know!

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

Tanglebones

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 14:10:16 »
Version 1.1 of the cartridge (GC3HQ9B: GAG17 - Jedi or Sith?  Choose You Must) has just been uploaded to wherigo.com. This version corrects a bug at the Jedi Master waypoint that we found as we were beta testing today. If you have the v1.0 version of the cartridge, it will work as normal - except DO NOT ENTER THE DARK SIDE CODE AT THE JEDI MASTER LOCATION. If you have the v1.1 version, the bug has been fixed and all is normal. Feel free to join the Dark Side at will.

Sorry for that, folks. This cartridge has been beta tested several times now, on two different Garmin Oregons and two different iPhones. While there is the usual irritation with wherigos - namely the compass needle swinging in every direction but the right one, all worked well. If you put your reliance on watching the distance numbers drop, rather than needle-watch, and hunt in pairs, you should be fine.

Good luck, and apologies again for the last minute update. May the Force be with you, and all that jazz.

- TB

Tanglebones

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 22:32:16 »
Updated cartridge to v1.2, which:

- Fixed a bug that prevented automatic save of game after visiting the Emperor.
- Improved description of Dark Side and Jedi tags, to make it a bit more clear which one is which.
- Added version history to description field.

I can't explain the Oregons shutting down, but hopefully this latest change will allow them to restart where they left off. Please let me know if there continue to be problems, but hopefully this should eliminate at least one of them. I also hope a few iPhone folk will test it out and let me know how it works.

BTW - difficulty rating is an average. The path of the Jedi is considerably more difficult than the Dark Side journey, hence the 3.5 rating. Happy to adjust if warranted.

- TB