Author Topic: Best writing implement - Inka pen  (Read 3155 times)

Project_Pandemonium

Best writing implement - Inka pen
« on: October 09, 2010, 21:54:18 »
One of the most essential tools for geocaching,,, a good writing implement.

I picked one up one eBay. It is waterproof, preasurized (like space pens, writes at any angle and on wet surfaces) and very compact. It can be used quickly as a small pen or assemble to a full length device. I am very impressed by it and thought you should see. Also includes a stylus tip for tactile screens.

http://www.writeanywhere.com/inkapen.html

Project_Pandemonium

FoxEcho

Re: Best writing implement - Inka pen
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:45:01 »
This one is specially good in winter, costs next to nothing
and you can even leave it in a cache that doesn't have one!    :D

Project_Pandemonium

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:10:31 »
Still like mine better... works better on wet logs and doesn`t need sharpening

Ducky

• Baby Cacher
  • HEY... and where do you think you're going!?!?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 14:45:25 »
I've been using a Uni-ball Power Tank RT for the last 4 years or so at work and play. It works great and hasn't let me down yet. I think I have about 10 of them :P and a few refills too.

http://www.uniball-na.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1

cacheatnight

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 14:37:48 »
I use Uniball.  It's my pen of choice when I'm not caching but it seems to work serviceably well on wet logs as well as dry.  I've had it out in -20 weather and it didn't fail me. 

Juicepig

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 14:54:22 »
I use golf pencils.  You can get a big box of them from office depot, and they never freeze.  They are very inexpensive (about 0.06$ each), and you can leave them in MOST caches if they don't have one.

I always carry at least 3, because chances are i will loose 2 of them.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 15:02:47 »
At $17 + (for the stainless steel version, almost $50 for the titanium one) I would be afraid to bring it into the field! I lose pencils often enough that I wouldn't risk my Inkapen in the bush!

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

cacheatnight

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 15:18:02 »
I'm still using golf pencils from the box I bought at business depot 2 years ago.   It's almost time for another box. 

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 17:31:30 »
For the geeks out there who like to "mod" things, I use a hybrid pen that writes REALLY well.  Take a Pilot G2 pen, and use a Mont Blanc refill inside.  You get the writing performance of a $200 pen for $10 or less.   ;D

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/10/pilot-g2-mont-blanc-ink-refill-cheap-amazing-pen/

Prices in the video are old.  I get the refills for about $5.00 each online, and the Pilot G2 pens at Grand and Toy or Costco for less than $3 a pen (if you buy the 12 packs).

qtman

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 17:41:38 »
I use Pilot Hi-tecpooint V5 grip.
Work very well in all types of weather.
If your careful and watch your step there is about 10 of them on the trails in Ottawa. ;D

Nikon-Guy

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 16:14:02 »
This one is specially good in winter, costs next to nothing
and you can even leave it in a cache that doesn't have one!    :D

Until it breaks... :-)

Nikon-Guy

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 16:16:07 »
At $17 + (for the stainless steel version, almost $50 for the titanium one) I would be afraid to bring it into the field! I lose pencils often enough that I wouldn't risk my Inkapen in the bush!

Blue -

It does have a very secure keyring... I've had mine for almost 2 years, haven't lost it to date.  But then again, if I lost it, I'd lose my car keys...

marvin_gardens

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 19:32:34 »
I drilled a small hole in the cap of my pen and mounted it to the loop on the strap for my Map62 using a key ring.  This way, a pen is always usually with my GPS.  Its the cap of a cheap short gel pen.  I still managed to lose 3 of them.

graciious

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 22:54:59 »
I have a small pen, not fancy but it works, and it slides behind my GPS in the case to stop it from flopping around in the case. works perfect for me, and I think it brings me luck.

GPComd

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 01:26:55 »
I use the biggest fattest Sharpie I can find.  The fact that it writes over 6 or 7 other logs on a nano-tape or a micro sheet is irrelevant.  I really want to make sure my name has been permanently inscribed in the paper for perpetuity, so that it will be legible to computerized archaeologists some 200 years in the future after our robot masters (Watson's descendants) take over control of the planet.